10 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: 1 Core Decks: NBN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Solid Oak Shelf
msg tools
mb
These are the decks I have just built, only using cards from 1 Core set. I have marked clearly any cards that I would consider using more of if I had a second Core.

NBN

3 Tollbooth
3 Wall of Static
3 Enigma
3 Ice Wall
3 Matrix Analyser
2 Data Raven

3 Private Security Force
3 Priority Requisition
2 Breaking News (want 3)
2 Astroscript Pilot Program (want 3)

2 Anonymous Tip (want 3)
2 Psychographics (want 3)
2 Closed Accounts
2 Aggressive Negotiation
2 Scorched Earth
2 Shipment from Kaguya
3 Hedge Fund
2 Red Herrings

2 Ghost Branch
1 Melange Mining Corp
2 PAD Campaign

I really like playing NBN. I have plenty of good cheap ice (including 3 Ice Walls borrowed from Wayland) that end the run or dump tags on the runner. I also have plenty of cards that can be advanced, and use Psychographics, Shipment from Kaguya, Astroscript Pilot Program and Matrix Analyser. The decks suffers from a lack of ways to get money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kempe
United States
Silver Spring
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More Melange Mining. Find a way to fit Archived Memories instead of Aggressive Mediation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
You should probably fix your money problem. How has it played? Do you actually end up with tagged runners? I've been finding that runners either burn all the tags, or sometimes have just 1 and they die, or they just take a huge number of tags and then die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
You should probably fix your money problem. How has it played? Do you actually end up with tagged runners? I've been finding that runners either burn all the tags, or sometimes have just 1 and they die, or they just take a huge number of tags and then die.

Aren't those pretty much the only three things that can happen with runners and tags?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iidhaegn wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Aren't those pretty much the only three things that can happen with runners and tags?

That's either entirely accurate, entirely inaccurate, or partially accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been very unimpressed with Anonymous Tip. Closed Accounts, on the other hand, is utterly fantastic, particularly for a tag-heavy deck.

P.S. needs more money. There's little that's worse than having a runner collect a mountain of tags, only to realize you can't afford to Psychographics the Priority Requisition in your hand before they steal it from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
CitizenFry wrote:
I've been very unimpressed with Anonymous Tip. Closed Accounts, on the other hand, is utterly fantastic, particularly for a tag-heavy deck.

P.S. needs more money. There's little that's worse than having a runner collect a mountain of tags, only to realize you can't afford to Psychographics the Priority Requisition in your hand before they steal it from you.

I hate making the decision of 'rez this ICE and they get your agenda next turn' vs 'don't rez this ICE and they get your agenda this turn'. There's no good answer, and that comes up often when I'm not getting money. Some of the money problem is me, some of it is the runner trashing my money generating things. Magnum Opus is perhaps the single card that tilts the whole game on its head - NBN cannot make as much money as a runner with Magnum Opus can without serious assets from out of faction, which takes up slots needed for end-the-run ICE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solid Oak Shelf
msg tools
mb
I agree about Melange Mining Corporation. 3 might be overdoing it, but 2 would certainly be welcome. For those that asked, yes I am constantly struggling with money issues

On playing Archived Memories instead of Aggressive Mediation, I have tried both but most of the time the cards I want are in R&D.

Do I tag runners? Yes, but my main opponent is foolhardy. Against other runners though they can be slowed down by the thread of tags long enough for me to score some agendas.

Yes Anonymous Tip is Ho Hum. Problem is that there just aren'nt enough neutral/NBN cards in a single box to be able to consider dropping it.

I have Closed Accounts the runner just after an Account Syphon and forced him to discard 17 credits

I find the balance of ice in this deck fantastic. All the ICE are awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I run a 1 core deck without anonymous tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
-2 Anonymous Tip
+1 Melange Mining Corp
+1 PAD Campaign

Goodbye ho hum cards, hello more reliable money!

(And I would personally never run less than 3 PADs / 2 Melange unless I was also running Adonis.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.