Subject: C&C: Personal Challenge and Inspired Leadership rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the first two C&C scenarios today. I really enjoyed the game and see a lot of potential in it.

A couple of questions came up in play. A Personal Challenge took place and we weren't sure of the timing or implications with Inspired Leadership.

My opponent's led ordered unit declared close combat against my led defending unit. We had equal Honour & Fortune tokens, so I waited until he discarded one for Inspired Leadership, then initiated the Personal Challenge to give me the extra one die advantage. Was this legitimate? I can't see a sequence in the rules which clarifies this. I can see competing interests which make timing important. If the player with the Personal Challenge card has a clear H&F token advantage he may want to spring it immediately to attempt to kill the enemy leader before he has a chance to Inspire.....or if the tokens are tied, or the enemy has a one token lead, he may want to spring it after his opponent Inspires to gain advantage or even odds in the duel.

In our example, my leader won the duel and killed the opposing leader. We assumed that his unit was already Inspired and still gained the 1 die advantage despite the leader's death. Is this how others would play it?

Thanks,

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goshublue wrote:

In our example, my leader won the duel and killed the opposing leader. We assumed that his unit was already Inspired and still gained the 1 die advantage despite the leader's death.

and a fat lot of good it did the unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played that the challenge takes place before inspired leadership is declared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says "Prior to the close combat, players roll dice equal to CC held,...", so we interpreted that as meaning before inspiring as we felt inspiring was part of the close combat (actually rolling the dice to attack). this interpretation would eliminate all of the various scenarios you've mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that interpretation a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. This is certainly a cleaner interpretation of how this would work. With Dragon cards and H&F tokens I can see potential sequencing issues that aren't present in the other C&C games. Hopefully this would find space in the FAQ but I'd also be inclined to play it this way in the future.

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Borg
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
mille1212 wrote:
The card says "Prior to the close combat, players roll dice equal to CC held,...", so we interpreted that as meaning before inspiring as we felt inspiring was part of the close combat (actually rolling the dice to attack). this interpretation would eliminate all of the various scenarios you've mentioned.

David has it correct!

Richard Borg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.