Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So on the player mats there are different areas set aside. From the. Ideas Watch it Played I can make sense of the discard area and the gem pile area, but what about the puzzle strike token area? Is that where you place the action chip you play? What is the ongoing section for? And the small rectangle a I've the gem pile, is that where the crashing gems go?
I just didn't see the spaces used in the video, but they seem like they are there for a reason. Anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Andy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The logo is just there for fun. The ongoing area is where you put ongoing chips (like Midori's Dragon form or Secret Move) which don't discard normally. The gem pile is where you ante and crash from and to and also what gives you height bones and kills you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means the very small rectangle above the gem pile. I can't see that really being for anything because of its prohibitive size -- it's probably just styled that way to mimic the screen in Puzzle Fighter where that would probably show you what the "next" gem will be or something. Putting Crashed Gems (pending a counter Crash) there seems like a cute idea, though it's a little small.

Don't think the Puzzle Strike token area means anything either.

I'm pretty sure the only designated areas are the ones that are clearly marked -- Gem Pile, Discard Pile, and Ongoing.

We usually just play our actions wherever, often even off the mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.