Hide
7 Posts

Schlock Mercenary: Capital Offensive» Forums » Rules

Subject: Elf's Stomp Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brook Kuhn
msg tools
I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many times she can use this ability. Most attacks can only be used once per round, but this is technically an innate ability. What do people think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no hard limit to the number of times she can use the Inherent Ability. Only Actions are limited to one of each Action per character turn.

A theoretical maximum exists:
6 Movement + 2 Sprint = 8 Total Movement => Maximum 8 Stomps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hersey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nich,
What happens to Elf if she ends her movement on an enemy-occupied square and executes a Stomp attack there? Most characters are eliminated if they end movement on an occupied square. Does Elf survive if she eliminates the enemy with the Stomp, or is she eliminated automatically?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omniGeek wrote:
Nich,
What happens to Elf if she ends her movement on an enemy-occupied square and executes a Stomp attack there? Most characters are eliminated if they end movement on an occupied square. Does Elf survive if she eliminates the enemy with the Stomp, or is she eliminated automatically?

You do the stomp attack before you end movement. She's not taking a step and then jumping, she's stomping around! devil
So if she kills whatever she's stomping on, then she's not standing on another character anymore. I will say however, that I've never taken the chance. Insta-killing Elf because of a failed attack just doesn't seem fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To back up Justin, Elf's Stomp Attack happens first. If she kills the Enemy, she's fine. If she fails, she is eliminated.

Sorry for the delay, missed this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hitch zeldaar
msg tools
so, here's my question - do you have to determine the complete path for Elf *before* performing the stomps? i.e. on a 5 move roll, if a she stomps on an enemy that also happens to be on a square she wants to land on on move 3, can she stomp, resolve the stomp, and if it fails move on vs. staying put if it succeeds?

or does she have to determine where she's going to end *before* resolving the stomp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer B
United States
Piqua
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm still a new player, so I could be wrong, but I play it that she is stomping as she walks, so you would resolve each stomp with each step. I would think you could choose to end your move or keep moving after each stomp is resolved.

I'll then add my own question to this thread! I'm not sure if you can back track over a spot you have already walked over in the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.