Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Lew
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I felt that I needed to make a counterpoint to the "Fantastic Support!" post that resides in this forum.

I bought a copy of The Resistance a month and a half ago. It came with a damaged card - no big deal, but since it's one of the rebel role cards, it means I can only play with up to 8 people right now (since it's obvious who got one of the rebel cards): http://i.imgur.com/FtUhG.jpg

I emailed Indie Boards and Cards and they said they'd send a replacement. Fast forward a month, with no replacement, I emailed again and got no response.

I know I could just sleeve the cards, but normally I don't bother, so it's disappointing to me that I'm going to have to spend a few more bucks to get some and play the game with 9-10 people because Indie Boards and Cards won't send me a replacement. I'm also past the point where I can get a refund from the seller I got it from originally - I thought I was going to get some support from the company, but I guess not.

So buyer beware! Indie Boards and Cards may support you or they may not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure I sent your card out last week, but will send you another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lew
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the first replacement got lost in the mail or something - regardless, I received the replacement card today. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rkcr wrote:
Looks like the first replacement got lost in the mail or something - regardless, I received the replacement card today. Thanks.

Perhaps you could edit the title of this thread since the problem has been resolved and you concede that the item could have been lost in the mail rather than being Travis's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lew
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few years later and I'm not going to change the title because I've been disappointed again!

I kickstarted Coup Reformation. The package got mixed up in the mail and sent back to them. I was told by USPS the only way to get it is for them to send it back but they've become completely unresponsive. So I guess I'm just not getting Coup Reformation at all.

Not to mention that the replacement card that showed up was printed differently from the rest once I inspected it closely, so I had to get card sleeves anyways.

I don't know why it keeps happening from this one company in particular, it's a shame they publish games I like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are people generalizing so much with their complaints???
With over 7,000 backers, a company the size of IBC is of course going to have a few mistakes. Compared to other, larger companies, their customer service is actually very good.
I've backed several of their kickstarter projects and bought other games from them. When I had one problem --- a couple misprinted cards in the Avalon add-on I ordered from the HA/HI project --- I emailed them a picture and they had the replacement cards in the mail in a few days.
Even if they've messed up a few orders, as does *every* company, their percentage accuracy/completion rate is still very good.
And the EU delivery problems aren't their fault and they offered refunds. Blame the screwed up delivery systems in Europe if you want to blame someone for that.
The very slight color differences are an understandable mistake and they are totally on top of preventing that in the future. Many people won't even notice the difference in the first place, and even normal "transparent" sleeves offer enough opaqueness to fix that to the more critical eye. Games like Resistance and Coup (small number of cards + secret identities) should always be sleeved anyway.
Does anyone even remember how many problems the giant companies like Mayfair and Rio Grande had when they were the size of IBC? If we don't do more to support the smaller companies we won't have as much of a selection in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Geordie Geek
United Kingdom
Chester-le-Street
County Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably because Travis offers fairly shoddy customer services, treats EU backers like the have the plague with extremely vague and often downright decitful delivery information, and had appalling quality control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.