Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How have folks been playing this?
If you receive a DAMAGE or TRACK HIT result when entering/exiting a building, are you forced to check for BAIL OUT? The Bailing Out section (5.15) only mentions AP/GP fire. The building entry section (6.6.3) also does not state that you do, including the examples, so I presume you do not have to take the BAIL OUT check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't check for bail out when entering a building. That is a different form of damage than say a ballistic round hitting the tank. The damage from entering a building would be more along the lines of the tracks getting fouled and not being able move, stuck if you will.

I remember one time in Somalia we were near the coastline in a M113A2 and got caught up on some rocks. The track actually slid off the road wheels and luckily got stopped by the front road wheel skirt. So we were damaged, but not from any weapons fire. Had I been shot by an RPG in the road wheel, I most definitely would have bailed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
How have folks been playing this?
If you receive a DAMAGE or TRACK HIT result when entering/exiting a building, are you forced to check for BAIL OUT? The Bailing Out section (5.15) only mentions AP/GP fire. The building entry section (6.6.3) also does not state that you do, including the examples, so I presume you do not have to take the BAIL OUT check.

Since it's not listed in the Bail Out section, you don't check for bail out. Bail out is an "under fire" response. A crew wouldn't react the same way to damage/track when entering/exiting a building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.