Subject: Call Me a (potential) Rebel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
One day, when I feel rebellious enough, this is what I'm going to do:

I'm going to grab a bunch of Reply Requested envelopes from a bunch of companies - the ones that say "No Postage Necessary if Mailed in the United States." Then, I'm going to travel to Toronto, and try to mail all of them from Canada - wait for it - WITH NO POSTAGE.

Just to see what happens.

What acts of rebellion are you contemplating, and are brave enough to admit on this forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
One day, when I feel rebellious enough, this is what I'm going to do:

I'm going to grab a bunch of Reply Requested envelopes from a bunch of companies - the ones that say "No Postage Necessary if Mailed in the United States." Then, I'm going to travel to Toronto, and try to mail all of them from Canada - wait for it - WITH NO POSTAGE.

Just to see what happens.

HA! Take that Corporate America!

What acts of rebellion are you contemplating, and are brave enough to admit on this forum?

Tape each one to a brick 1st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you put a gps locator in the letters to track their progress?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About twelve years ago our local supermarket was part of the chain that first introduced loyalty cards to the UK. Back then the system was that you got one point for every pound spent, with certain products offering bonus points. At any one time a selection of products would be available to buy for a certain number of points.

As December approached the range would become Christmas-related: the basics for a Christmas dinner, crackers, nibbles, drinks, decorations etc. Now we'd been shopping there every week for over a year, as well as it being where I filled up the car, and we'd even have breakfast or lunch there from time to time. Through various bonuses and judicious buying we'd amassed over a thousand points on our card.

So one day we went shopping and bought nothing but stuff we could pay for using the loyalty points. We almost wiped out the card, but we left, having pretty much stocked up for Christmas with about £60-worth of goods, without paying a penny.

The following Spring they changed the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
OK: "You're a (potential) Rebel"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Potentially her?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Britten
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
Potentially her?

I probably would. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.