Popular Tags: [View All]
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Liberté twice, but I can already see that there's a major problem with the card draw mechanism, as has already been mentioned several times. The three open cards always end up being ones. I do not like to change the game too much, however, so how about this variant:

If you play a one-block politician (or none at all) you are also allowed to play a special card. If you play a two-block or three-block politician, you are not allowed to play a special card.

Alternatively you could add that you're not allowed to play a special card if you use the one-block card for placing a marker in the battle box.

The question is: Will this do the trick? I'm looking for a rule change that changes the game as little as possible (because it is an excellent game IMO), but which still fixes the problem. One-block cards will be attractive for those who have (and plan to use) special cards. Will the incentive to draw one-block cards be strong enough? Will they be recycled at a sufficient rate with this rule?

If drawing one-block cards and special cards becomes too unattractive with this rule, one could add that you're allowed to draw two open cards, provided they are both one-block cards (as has been suggested in another thread).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.