Popular Tags: [View All]
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I think I've checked the forums and can't find the info anywhere! Are your personal credits hidden information?

I ask this as it seems highly important- particulary for "Traces" i.e. are traces a blind bid, or do you know exactly how much money your opponent has got to play around with? Can you ask your opponent to show his pool of resources?

This would also be important for the criminal deck, when thinking whether you should use the run-card which steals money from the corp (the one a 2-1 ratio).

Also, on the point of strategy, could you give some tips when playing the corps? I used NBN last afternoon, and had no credits to play around with at all! lol. Do you really need to construct your own deck, and start adding "adonis campaign" and "beanstalk royalties" to get the credits you need and rely on, as the corps?

We were using the reccomendation of the rulebook, i.e. just using the cards of one faction, and adding in all of the respective neutral cards as well!

Please give a newbie good advice!

Many thanks in advance,
Ewan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Credits are public information. When you consider that all methods of gaining or losing credits are public this makes sense. Artificially making them hidden would just slow the game down as every good player would keep exact track of their opponents credits. It would just be annoying.

As for your second question (it's NBN, not NCN) you may just have been drawing poorly? If you can get a Melange Mining Corp out decently defended and use that for several turns in a row you'll find your money troubles solved for a while. You've also got Hedge Funds for quick injection cash, and PAD campaign for the content drip of money into your coffers.

Adonis is great if you can afford the influence, and Beanstalk Royalties is nice, but using just the Neutral Credit generators is absolutely doable. Remember, spending a whole turn just taking credits is totally legitimate and something the Corp may frequently wish to do (which gives you a clue as to how great Melange Mining Corp can be....) So don't feel those are wasted actions, if money is what you need, then that's what you need
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, thanks Noah,
Also, will prob give deck-building a try, and see if I can get more credits that way.

Do you bother defending the PAD campaigns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Engima or hunter to protect it, as it works well enough to prevent a bank job run on it and will help against Whizzard when he comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Try some corp other than NBN. Cash is easier to come by out-of-box for the other corps, I've found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool,
Thanks Clyde,

My brother played as Weyland and had very little trouble, requisitioning bucket loads of cash!

However, I was playing as Criminal, and they seem to be able to generate tons of cash as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Try some corp other than NBN. Cash is easier to come by out-of-box for the other corps, I've found.

NBN is good at NBN, not at cash.

I'm working on my trace sound effect.

Beep-boop-boop-beep-boop-boop-beep...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcturus2006 wrote:
are traces a blind bid, or do you know exactly how much money your opponent has got to play around with?

Corp spends first (publicly) to boost traces, so the runner knows exactly how many credits must be spent to beat the trace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Buchanan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I haven't been at this for very long, but one thing I figured out recently as a Corp:

Don't rez an Ice that the runner can break unless it's going to cost him more than it costs you.

Case in point: With the Yog.0 key, Noise can break Enigmas for free. So as soon as you see that breaker, don't rez any more Enigmas. Remember when installing new ice you can discard old ice so that it's cheaper.

Another tip, PAD campaigns work great if you don't protect them. Install them on your last click and don't rez them. The runner will likely investigate, at which point he must either spend 4 (which undoes a sure gamble) or he's wasted a click. Rez it before you're turn. It'll give you 1 credit back immediately. So if they decide to trash it, you're still up three credits- good as a beanstalk. Now for the real fun. If they get they learn your pattern and decide not to run unrezzed PAD campagins, some time in the future stick out an unprotected Breaking News at the end of your turn. Then next turn you can advance, advance, play awesome card that requires tags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got my opponents certain that a card in an unprotected remote server with one counter on it is a Ghost Branch or a Junebug (splashed). I think I need a Snare as well to create some doubt on remotes with NO counters on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Twentier
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
JBgames wrote:

Another tip, PAD campaigns work great if you don't protect them.

Do not try this against criminals, Bank job is way too efficient if you con't have protection on any remote server. Just a heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.