Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Are the miniatures the same size as the ones in Last Night on Earth? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody compared the miniatures from Zombicide and LNOE? I was wondering if they are the same size. Since I miss the kickstarter whith all the extra characters I was wondering if I could adapt the miniatures that I have from LNOE to the promos from Zombicide.

Or from the Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember if it was here or on the CMON Zombicide forums, but someone recently posted a picture showing the LNOE figures and the Zombicide figures side-by-side, and the LNOE figures head-to-feet are very slightly shorter, but the Zombicide bases are thinner, so overall they come to about the same height, and the thicker LNOE bases aren't so much thicker that they look out of place.

So, in short, yes, you'll be able to use the LNOE, or any other comparably sized, figures.

In fact any '28mm scale' figures should look ok (though '28mm scale' figures do all vary slightly in size, they're generally close enough that they'll look ok (and, of course, slight differences in height and build is actually more realistic)).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply. It's good that the miniatures are about the same size. This allows the non-kickstarers to play with the promotional exclusive characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elwatoplus wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. It's good that the miniatures are about the same size. This allows the non-kickstarers to play with the promotional exclusive characters.

Yes, yes it does...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Using Jose Ardila as a substitute for El Cholo is actually not bad at all! They are almost the same size, with Jose just beeing a bit beefier, but virtually the same height.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaz, or Troy, perhaps:

and, Nick:

maybe, an Eva:

(ok, that last one's stretching it a bit, but this does go to show how you really don't need the official figures)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of Heroclix figures that may fit the bill for promotional proxies as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is another post, about getting cheap zombies.
I took this shot to compare the zombies from both games. Maybe it can help:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get metal figures that are pretty darned close for most of the characters too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the idea here is we don't want metal minis.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier PERRONNY
France
flag msg tools
mb

It works well. I took some photos of the Heroes/Survivors

http://perrysheroes.free.fr/spip.php?article458

And the Zombies

http://perrysheroes.free.fr/spip.php?article459

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lingster wrote:

who's "we", and why not? You can probably get metal minis for less money than the official promos will go for on ebay, so why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lingster wrote:

What it the opening post would indicate that? It seems to me he is looking for proxy figures and did not mention a material. maybe I missed something though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you want metal to proxy for the promo figs, that's one thing. but this thread is about the LNOE figs.

Metal heros are a good thing if you need to get an El Cholo, or an Eva. In fact, there are many places offering many movie style figs that can be adapted for the game. In fact, tennesee and Columbus from Zombiland are in mini form.

BTW, to keep this about the LNOE figs, you can buy just the minis from the publishers webstore.

I picked up 42 zombies for 44 bucks shipped. these include 3 differnt types of minis, 14 of each type. That means I get 28 new walkers, and 14 new runners. (the one hunched over with his arms spread out in an aggessive screaming pose is a perfect runner type)

AND you can get them in most any color you want!

Plus, they've got the hero packs also available without buying the game too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lingster wrote:
if you want metal to proxy for the promo figs, that's one thing. but this thread is about the LNOE figs.

Sorry Oh Master Of The Thread Topic. I thought anyone trying to proxy the character figures could benefit from the knowledge that there were other sources out there. I'll try not to intrude on topics for which you have determined the meaning and appropriate content in the future, IF you would be kind enough to clearly post the allowed content into the threads for me.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier PERRONNY
France
flag msg tools
mb
lingster wrote:
(...)
I picked up 42 zombies for 44 bucks shipped. these include 3 differnt types of minis, 14 of each type. That means I get 28 new walkers, and 14 new runners. (the one hunched over with his arms spread out in an aggessive screaming pose is a perfect runner type)
(...)

I had the same assumption about LNoE Zombies type. Therea are two Fatty proxies in the LNoE expansion, Zombies with grave weapons.

I have been thinking of using the LNoE Crawling Corpse instead of the Abomination in some scenarios.

Special powers :
- 2 Actions like a Runner
- Damage to destroy : 1
- Grab hold: Forbid a Survivor to move through a zone with a Crawling Corpse in it. Slippery Skill is cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A topic on another forum has a guy with some proxies for the various heroes he has found. Worth checking out if you don't insist on all plastic (though some of his are converted heroclix).

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=46473.0

Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:

Sorry Oh Master Of The Thread Topic.

That's right.. Bow to me! MUHAHAHAHAHA! :D

All in good fun Jake. (Oh yea, I'm derailing the thread myself ain't I?) :D

Point of all this is let's have fun killing Zombies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.