United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I browsed the scenario book quickly, and am I right in thinking that it only contains 2 scenarios for the basic game? Does anyone know if there are other sources where scenarios using only the basic rules can be found?

Also, the rulebook says that not all advanced scenarios use all of the advanced rules. Can anyone recommend some scenarios that fall into this category, so that one can play "intermediate" scenarios while learning the advanced rules (sort of what happens in Conflict of Heroes)?

thanks,
Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try scenarios 3 and 4. They are the advanced versions of missions 1 and 2 respectively. They add a couple of guns and some infantry. They don't require aircraft and you don't need to worry about indirect fire right away.

It does allow you to use advanced ap fire, bailout, transporting units, gp fire, driving into buildings if needed.

To go further, you could add optional rules for turrets, rules for smoke to cover movement, rules for hull down, partial hull down.

The beauty of this game really is that you can simply add what looks good to use. If you don't like indirect fire, then don't use them. If you like tank fright when overrunning infantry, add it in.

But the short answer is, scenario 3 and 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walters
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
"...the art of manoeuvering armies...an art which none may master by the light of nature. but to which, if he is to attain success, a man must serve a long apprenticeship." -- G.F.R. Henderson
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco,

Yes indeed, all you get are two scenarios for the "basic rules" within the "basic game." I suspect players will be inventive if they want more "basic rules" scenarios using other heavy metal favorites. But really, who wants to keep playing with just that? Doesn't EVERYBODY want to get into the advanced rules? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, hey Marco! Looking forward to your thoughts on this series

I've now got 2 copies of each box for the extra maps and spare parts. It's sucking me into its vortex!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Parker wrote:

I've now got 2 copies of each box for the extra maps and spare parts. It's sucking me into its vortex!

I also need to order an extra set of tank cards, because flipping them back and forth is too annoying!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.