Topher Nati
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Wondering what material works best to make tiles as close to professional as possible.

Trying to find something similar in thickness to the real tileset. Any tips to give tiles a glossy sheen and protection from environment and humidity?

Also what methods are best for making tiles fit with interlocking edges (cutting tools, methods, etc)?

Any tips or links to threads that you know of would be helpful. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You could print on cardstock with a laser printer at a print shop. like 12pt card stock.

then spray adhesive the full sheet to a chip board (like the kind of board that in inside the covers of a binder).

then probably overlay some sort of matte lamination.

then cut it out with a steel ruler and a sharp blade.

all that is easy. I easily do the first two for all my PnP stuff...I've never thought to laminate because laser copies have more water resistance than bubble jets.

the *fun* part will be cutting out the interlocking bits. And by "fun" I mean "headache"

All in all, it will be mostly impossible to match the colours, i would think...so you'll always easilt seem which is a cusotm tile in your stack...unless you did and entire stack of customs. again...more headache.

(if they were straight edges, this would by somewhat easier)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric V
United States
Springfield
Oregon
flag msg tools
I don't remember where, but I found an online store selling pieces to the games individually. I bought a stack of actual dungeon tiles, and if I ever get around to making my custom ones I am just going to print them on good paper, spray glue them on, and cut out around the shape of the tile. Should be easy, other than the creating of the tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Buu
United States
Sylmar
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
auggies.com I believe is the site you're talking about. I actually saw someone on WoA board make an Avengers custom board tiles with a second set of WoA tiles bought from there. It looked really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Man
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuuBuu wrote:
auggies.com I believe is the site you're talking about.

I think you mean http://www.auggiesgames.com/ since auggies.com is some kind of family restaurant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Buu
United States
Sylmar
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hehehe blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.