A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Advice ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Butkiewicz
msg tools
Hello

I know this kind of questions are probably boring but still

I play mainly with one or two friends having only the core set.

We are thinking what should we buy next and were doing some research. I see that buing second core set is main advice at the beginning, but (as we choose houses randomly and not yet even try to customize and change core set decks, i was thinking of buing Princes of the sun and Kings of the sea.

I've read somewhere that if we do that Greyjoys and Martell will easily overpower other core set houses. Is that true ? Even if we would play only single cards from expansions packs (without dupliates) as is in core set ?

Thanks and sorry if question is a bit vague

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those Expansions are not designed that way -- as "Starter Decks", playable out of the box.

In Kings of the Sea, there are only 31 different Greyjoy Cards. Even if you add the Neutral/Multi-Affiliated Cards, you only have 43, and they don't all work with each other. Princes of the Sun has 53 Martell/Neutrals/Multi, but the same problem.

I think that if you get those two Expansions, you would do best to take all your cards (Core & Expansions) and build new 60 card decks for each house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is pretty easy to build the equivelent of core set decks from those two boxes. You take a single package of the cards, remove the non-neutral out of faction cards and then add in copies of resources and you pretty much have a deck equal to the starters.

They aren't unbalancing at all,it just takes a slight bit of modification since this was not what they were speifically created for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.