Hide
8 Posts

Summoner Wars: Master Set» Forums » General

Subject: reprint or original rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sal Bandini
msg tools
I'm looking to get either the master set or one of the starter sets. If I order a starter set online or in my local store how do I know if it is the original or the new reprint version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way the box looks. The original starter set boxes had about the same dimensions as a DVD case, but thicker. The new starter set boxes are square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Old starter set:

New starter set:

That's for Phoenix Elves vs. Tundra Orcs. The Guild Dwarves vs. Cave Goblins are similar: oblong box for the old version, square for the new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal Bandini
msg tools
Thanks.

Are the updated available yet? On the website it says preorder.

If I order online say from Amazon I'm not sure if I would get old or new. They show the new artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sal Bandini wrote:
Thanks.

Are the updated available yet? On the website it says preorder.

If I order online say from Amazon I'm not sure if I would get old or new. They show the new artwork.

It's really hard to find the old ones. I assume if they're showing the new artwork on the box, you're getting the new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if it says pre-order it's only because they're waiting for the next batch to come back form the printer. Plaid Hat has said that their goal is to never have things go out of print. They might go out of stock, but not print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal Bandini
msg tools
Ok thanks everyone.

I am going to order one of the starter sets on Amazon and see how I like it.

Any recommendations on which one to get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get which ever one has the more appealing factions to you. The game is solidly balanced and all the factions have their own feel, so it's pretty hard to go wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.