Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leibstandarte is in a hurry to reach Prokhorovka. They need to move off the east edge in 5 turns. Lying in wait are a pair of KV1s.
Turn 1. Entering the map the Germans knockout a Churchill by the barn with massed fire. A halftrack and Pz II scout the woods but don't notice the KV1 just yards away. Blisfully ignorant they believe the northern route is ungaurded.
Turn 2. One Sdkfz251 checked more of the woods then popped out to the west. It was meant to draw out the other Churchill. A Pz II blundered right into his KV1. The KV1 pulls back sharply to the south in surprise rather than claiming a shot. The Pz II considered attacking with his 20mm popgun for only a second then ran forwards out of the woods. The Tiger driver stalled his engine and she was immobilized for the turn. The Pz III moved to the KVs rear and got in a shot but was immobilized herself. The Pz IV went straight in to close combat but her rounds bounced off 3 time in a row. The second KV appeared through the barn wall revealing itself by accident. Reinforcements in the form of 2 halftracks came up to the north of the wood.
Turn 3.The KV in the woods rallied, suppressed the Pz IV then dug in. The Pz IV escaped eastwards and was replaced by the Tiger which immobilized the KV. The Churchill tank damaged a hanomag lightly. The other halftracks advanced on both flanks . His 2nd KV got the final hit on the Pz III. Two T34s came on from the eastern mapedge and hit the Pz II which got its own back on one of them on close combat. He held the third T34 off map in reserve. A bad turn for Germany, little progress and 3 vehicles damaged.
Turn 4. My Tiger destroyed the KV in the woods and the damaged T34 with shots to their rears. His 2nd KV missed the Tiger but the other T34 blew up little Pz II. The Pz IV rallied and killed the 2nd T34 with a single shot. His Churchill retreated. One halftrack made it off the map to Prokhorovka with its squad and another rallied. A much better turn for me.[ImageID Turn 5. The last turn. My Tiger rolled up the road taking no damage from his KV. The Churchill tried to fallback but couldn't reverse quickly enough and was blown apart. The Tiger rolled straight over the burning wreckage but couldn't reach the map edge. A second Sdkfz251 slipped off the map edge but the third was bloocked by his last T34. which took a hit from my Pz IV. His infantry killed 1 squad of grenadiers.
It ended as a draw, 8 victory points apiece. Thanks to Jon for a good game.

The Germans mistakenly played with a regular halftrack rather than one armed with a 37mm AT gun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Great report.

How long did you play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About 2 hours for this scenario. Reinforcements break up the turns. Having to exit the far edge keeps you moving forward everyturn. We got through 3 games of wounded Tiger beforehand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Dinkel
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my favorite designs for a firefight. I like that the objective is to actually advance off map instead of just to take and old objectives. Its nice to have some variety

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.