Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So last night we sat down with 4 people to play our first game of Fleet. Really fun time was had by all and I think that after playing it once, we could easily fit in that 30-45 minute time frame, but last night we played a bit longer than that, I think right at an hour and a half, but that was with kid distractions and re-filling drinks. Played with just the base decks, no Salty Captains or Weather Authority, etc.

First round saw 2 processing vessel licenses go on the auction block and were immediately bought up by myself and my wife, all the licences were purchased the first round and everyone seemed to not really care about money because we all launched and captained. So that left us with not much money for the second round of auctions which contained the other two processing licenses and thus they were lost from the game.

After processing, my strategy was to try to get as many cards in my hand per round as possible and it worked out in my favor. I know that my wife got caught up on the when should I process vs leaving the fish on the boats throughout the game and I think that kind of messed up her train of thought as she never really got a foothold on the game, she ended up in last place with only a couple licenses and 5 ships launched. My sister in law was going for variety it seemed, trying to get as many different licenses but she was flustered a bit since there were no other processing licenses out there that were available. My brother in law caught on to my strategy about halfway through the game and started trying to gain as many cards as possible in hand per round and if the game had enough licenses to go another round or two he may have caught me.

As it came out I won the first game of Fleet we've played with a total of 70 vp, BiL came in second with 61, SiL had 46 and my wife ended up with 43 I believe.

Minus a couple questions about the order of things and what exactly the iconography on the licenses meant it was really a smooth game for us. Enjoyed by all I think and I think this one may get to the table quite a bit, hoping to try the 2 player version this evening with my wife and see how we do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear B K, thanks for the kind words!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin DeCuir
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
Perfect days. Can you come out to play?
badge
Curiouser and curiouser!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this, B K. I just ordered Fleet today (plus the expansions - fish meeples!) and it's good to hear the game is working out for your group. Please do post the 2-player experience once you've tried it. I may end up playing 2-player more often than not, so I'll be interested to hear how it goes over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
Great to hear B K, thanks for the kind words!

And thanks for the great game!

gavinpaul wrote:
Thanks for posting this, B K. I just ordered Fleet today (plus the expansions - fish meeples!) and it's good to hear the game is working out for your group. Please do post the 2-player experience once you've tried it. I may end up playing 2-player more often than not, so I'll be interested to hear how it goes over.

Didn't get to play it 2 player tonight, everyone was worn out it seems, but I will try to get it played sometime this week with my wife if she'll play and we'll definitely give our thoughts on it as a 2 person game. I am pretty positive it should work pretty well with 2p after watching the review from
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.