California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Change the first sentence of the eighth
paragraph to read:
Units marked with GCI markers cannot deploy to a city or
radio beacon, infiltrate raids, conduct wild boar attacks or
move except to return to base [7.4.3]

I interpret this to apply to units already having been marked GCI. What about a unit in a Himmelbett hex that was already deployed to a beacon (or a city)? Can it--after it has already deployed--still be marked with a GCI marker?

My opponent has done this early in the game, and now I am wondering if that was valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyrider68 wrote:
What about a unit in a Himmelbett hex that was already deployed to a beacon (or a city)? Can it--after it has already deployed--still be marked with a GCI marker?

The second para lays out the conditions for having a GCI Intercept marker placed:

* The unit is in a Himmelbett hex.
* The hex is in the area of the unit's JD.
* No other unit in that hex is marked with a GCI Intercept marker.
* The unit is not marked with a scramble marker.

No other conditions restrict units so, yes, you could mark a unit that is already deployed.

However, the strictures of the 8th paragraph make it clear that deployment is immaterial. If a unit is deployed on a beacon or city then marked for GCI intercept, it could not infiltrate or conduct a wild boar attack. In essence, the benefits of deployment are null and void.

Note that the only way to leave GCI is to RTB, so there's no way a deployed unit could benefit from deployment if subsequently marked for GCI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That all makes sense. Thanks, Lee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.