Andreas -
Germany
Friedberg
flag msg tools
badge
Cylon hater
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Benefit of a Temple
The Benefit of a Temple is that the citizen occupying the building is never laid on its back. You can aso stand up any numbers of citizen.
Am i right that you never have the benefit in phase 4 and only in phase 6?
You need to migrate a citizen from the same hex into the church to take controle and migration is only in phase 5 possible.

2. Phase 4
if the card has a red side the crisis is skipped. So you dont lay down any citizen if the crisis is skipped?
After resolving both crises / Eventes... what happens with the solved crisis card?
Will it stay until in Phase 6 a development/character card is bought/dropped?

3. crisis step and controlling
A layd down citizen can not controle a city... and can be kicked out of the city by an active citizen... but how?
in Phase 1 you disengage all engaged citizen so you also loose controle of the city in this phase.
In Phase 4 you lay down citizen(if there is a domnestic crisis)... because migration can only happens in phase 5 no one can be in a city.
On the other hand... if you migrate into a city and have a crisis in phase 6 and lay down the citizen controlling a city... you cant get into the city and cant get any benefit because you cant do anymore migration because the Phase 5 is already over. The only benefit of controlling a city in phase 6 is the temple if there is any. Is that correct?

4. Phase 6
If you begin Phase 6 and a crisis card with a red side is on the top of the crisis deck? Do you resolve the crisis or do you only resolve a red crisis if you have to fill up the Character/Development track?
Same as in Phase 4, will the crisis stay on top of the crisis deck after resolving?

Am i right that eveyone , beginning by the starting player has exactly 1 buy + 1 rotate or 2 rotates of different cards... and then the phase ends?

Thanks in Advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I've never played so far but I'll try to answer anyway.

I'll start from the following:
Quote:
A layd down citizen can not controle a city... and can be kicked out of the city by an active citizen... but how?
in Phase 1 you disengage all engaged citizen so you also loose controle of the city in this phase.
In Phase 4 you lay down citizen(if there is a domnestic crisis)... because migration can only happens in phase 5 no one can be in a city.
On the other hand... if you migrate into a city and have a crisis in phase 6 and lay down the citizen controlling a city... you cant get into the city and cant get any benefit because you cant do anymore migration because the Phase 5 is already over. The only benefit of controlling a city in phase 6 is the temple if there is any. Is that correct?

I don't see any rules for kicking out a rebel citizen from a city. You can kick out rebel units of other players from other buildingsif you control the city.
In phase 1 you don't lose the control of the City cause a Citizen doesn't need to be engaged to control a city and moreover you don't move the citizen from the city to the region. It simply stays there.
The only times a citizen is ever engaged to a building is when there's the construction and when you are using it if it's a port/market (or a city controlling a port/market.)

Then the other answers with the corresponding numerals:
1) See above. IMHO you are confusing "disengaging" with "freeing the building". So you gain the benefit of the temple also in phase 4. Moreover a region with an occupied temple is always safe from rebellion because of crisis' resolution.

2) Red part of the cards are ignored, so they aren't solved and there's no need to lay down citizens. The crisis card stays on top. See the note at the end of that chapter. Notes in this rulebook contains important rules and specifications. This note explicitly says if the card is on top every 4th phase is solved, until another one is drawn.

4) Immediate crisis are solved only if obtained after drawing one card.

For the last question , yes, after all the players made one of those actions, phase ends.

Hope it helped,
Best regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas -
Germany
Friedberg
flag msg tools
badge
Cylon hater
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks fabulous, and is very high on my wish list. More intense or involved games are fine by me, but it sure is generating a ton of rules questions.

Is the game unnecessarily complicated? Is the fun factor reduced from it? Rules written poorly? Steep learning curve?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Benefit of a Temple
The Benefit of a Temple is that the citizen occupying the building is never laid on its back. You can aso stand up any numbers of citizen.
Am i right that you never have the benefit in phase 4 and only in phase 6?
You need to migrate a citizen from the same hex into the church to take controle and migration is only in phase 5 possible.

Chris
As soon as it is constructed you gain benefit from it. So as soon as phase 5 and for all the following phases, including all future phase 4, as long as you don't leave the temple.

2. Phase 4
if the card has a red side the crisis is skipped. So you dont lay down any citizen if the crisis is skipped?

Chris
Exactly, you don't consider red sections.

After resolving both crises / Eventes... what happens with the solved crisis card?
Will it stay until in Phase 6 a development/character card is bought/dropped?

Chris
Yes.

3. crisis step and controlling

Chris
No, not with what you have so far in the game.

Chris
No, you disengage from ressource harvest locations not from buildings.

Chris
When you construct the city the first time you place your meeple on it. So you are occupying it right away. If you get revolted you lay down the meeple ON the building.

Chris
I think what you
Issanterstood is explained above.

4. Phase 6
If you begin Phase 6 and a crisis card with a red side is on the top of the crisis deck? Do you resolve the crisis or do you only resolve a red crisis if you have to fill up the Character/Development track?

Chris
Bly new appearing red zones. The same red zone is resolved only once in the whole game.

Same as in Phase 4, will the crisis stay on top of the crisis deck after resolving?

Chris
But white sections are always resolved if on top of the deck at phase 4, no matter if they were already resolved on the preceding turn. Very rare because it means that no player bought epany evo card.

Am i right that eveyone , beginning by the starting player has exactly 1 buy + 1 rotate or 2 rotates of different cards... and then the phase ends?

chris
Yes

Thanks in Advance[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
This game looks fabulous, and is very high on my wish list. More intensely or involved games are fine by me, but it sure is generating a ton of rules questions.

Is the game unnecessarily complicated? Is the fun factor reduced from it? Rules written poorly? Steep learning curve?

Thanks!

I think many people asked questions wupithut owning the Game yet, not even trying to pay It yet, just by reading the rules online.
It's not a complex game. It is richin possibilities. It's different.
Once you played it, it appears lot simplier than you thought. This is a general feeling. The mechanics are quite natural.
Some of the questions asked concern very rare situations.
It's better to play it live and ask questions after I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SebZ
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I can approve that: I played 3 Games this week. One with 4p, two with 2p. All those people were new to the game and noone found it overly complex. Everyone had fun learning it and wanted to play more games.

rdsmith wrote:
Is the game unnecessarily complicated?

It´s just the amount of rules that makes explaining complicated and long. Especially if you did not play it yourself, some minor things are unclear, but once you play everything becomes clear... goo

rdsmith wrote:
Is the fun factor reduced from it? Rules written poorly? Steep learning curve?

The first game is more complex because the game end and winning condition is variable, so you need 5 mins to explain those cards, and after that you still have to explain the whole game and all its actions. It just takes long, probably 30 to 45 minutes of explanation, divided through this whole first game. But because you can teach it while playing (at least a bit) it is definitly funny. And it is all really thematic and the theme goes hand in hand with the rules, so nothing to worry here. meeple

My experience is not enough to really judge this, but from what i have seen up to now:
This is a very deep and funny game with lots of possibilities (like Christophe said). I enjoy it very much and as you said, it really looks fabulous. I would really recomend it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tania Pouli
France
Paimpont
Ille-et-Vilaine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
After my first proper play yesterday with my husband I also can say that we didn't find it complex or fiddly. Once you start playing it flows pretty well and the rules make sense according to the theme. There is definitely a lot of rulebook to get through and knowing what the secret goal cards are will help in future games I'm sure, but it was a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Boelinger wrote:
1. Benefit of a Temple
The Benefit of a Temple is that the citizen occupying the building is never laid on its back. You can also stand up any numbers of citizen.

The rules say the owner of the temple may stand up all citizens in the region. Which is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolle Colart
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
The rules say the owner of the temple may stand up all citizens in the region. Which is it?

The owner of the temple may choose to stand up only his own and none of the other players, or some or all of the other players, depending how well the negotiations went :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.