Popular Tags: [View All]
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me what other games this plays like?

I have played:

Civilization the board game (Fantasy Flight)

War of the Ring

Age of Empires

Through the Ages

Middle Earth quest

Catan etc...

Dominion

Risk

I really like all of these games.

I just want to know what it plays like and if you would recommend it.

Thanks.
Brigham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
The official rules are in the files section. Why not read the rules if you want to know how the game plays? It isn't exactly like any other game, really. It is much lighter than the vast majority of other games you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
The official rules are in the files section. Why not read the rules if you want to know how the game plays? It isn't exactly like any other game, really. It is much lighter than the vast majority of other games you mentioned.

I agree with Todd's comments. SA maybe too light for you, UNLESS that is the type of game you are exactly looking for (ie a lighter euro in between the heavier games you just mentioned).

It's either this or Lords of Waterdeep for this particular niche, although lately I have found Glen More to be another light euro (although it is a Rondel and Tile Laying game rather than worker placement)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
You know of a place that still has it in stock? If so, I'd go ahead and grab it. It's out of stock most places that I'm aware of. I guess you can still get copies from Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis S.
Greece
Thessaloniki
Macedonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stone Age is a Worker Placement game, every round you place your workers at a differnt space to get the respectively benefits.
I like the theme!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brigham,

I noticed that you posted the same question on the Eclipse forums. My suggestion would be to watch/read some reviews. Many of them are very informative and will give you a better idea of the fit of a particular game to your tastes. Also, you can download the various rulebooks and read through them. If game components are a deciding factor, there are loads of component images uploaded for each game as well.

Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a very good light worker placement game. The main problem people have is getting a real bad dice roll. If you like risk you would be fine with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
You didn't mention Caylus. Its probably most similar to Caylus in some regards with a little Uwe Rosenberg thrown in (you gotta remember to feed your family!) Its Caylus Lite w/lots of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game you can play on yucata.de to get a feel for whether you like it or not.

I love it and would recommend it, although it is lighter than a number of the games you listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.