Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Another ringing endorsement for Obama rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich S
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://news.yahoo.com/hugo-chavez-says-hed-vote-obama-172412...

Yup, Hugo Chavez supports Obama. If I were Obama I would not be fond of this endorsement.

Funny how this article was on Yahoo's main front page for just a few hours but articles about Romney's doubts going into the debates have remained for days.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a more pressing question Rich: what on Earth compelled you to choose that as your avatar?
7 
 Thumb up
1.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't Bin Laden support Obama over McCain in 2008?
4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
serdudds wrote:
Didn't Bin Laden support Obama over McCain in 2008?


And look what that got him.
17 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look hard enough for bias you can find it anywhere -- even in treating a Chavez endorsement as completely uninteresting compared to discussion of the debates that are likely Romney's last chance to put up a fight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:
Yep, it's amazing that the MSM would all but ignore blowhard Chavez' comic-opera offer of support (which means absolutely nothing to anyone but Chavez) in favor of articles on the salient event of the campaign week. They really ought to get their priorities straight.



Like when this same news agency kept an article proclaiming that Jenna Jameson had given her support to Romney on its front page for no less than two days?

So basically we can count Hugo Chavez, Osama Bin Laden (pre-strike team I suppose), and the US Communist Party as Obama supporters.

We also know that Al-Qaida is a fan of MSNBC at least before they fired Olberman and hates Fox News.

How many US enemies does it take to support the liberal agenda before people get it? The fact is our enemies know something that half of our own population doesn't get or refuses to acknowledge. The Democratic plan will kill us from the inside out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
LeeDambis wrote:
Yep, it's amazing that the MSM would all but ignore blowhard Chavez' comic-opera offer of support (which means absolutely nothing to anyone but Chavez) in favor of articles on the salient event of the campaign week. They really ought to get their priorities straight.



Like when this same news agency kept an article proclaiming that Jenna Jameson had given her support to Romney on its front page for no less than two days?

So basically we can count Hugo Chavez, Osama Bin Laden (pre-strike team I suppose), and the US Communist Party as Obama supporters.

We also know that Al-Qaida is a fan of MSNBC at least before they fired Olberman and hates Fox News.

How many US enemies does it take to support the liberal agenda before people get it? The fact is our enemies know something that half of our own population doesn't get or refuses to acknowledge. The Democratic plan will kill us from the inside out.
And I'm sure the American Nazi party and the KKK are all anti-Obama. Looking to the ultraradical fringe to decide what to do about relative moderates is just stupid and an excuse for not engaging in any actual critical thinking about your vote.

Romney has brown hair like Hitler! OMG everyone has to vote for Obama right now! Please.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
[q="LeeDambis"]
Like when this same news agency kept an article proclaiming that Jenna Jameson had given her support to Romney on its front page for no less than two days?


The Jameson comments weren't really about who gives them, but why. I don't think there's anything wrong with being endorsed by someone who used to do porn. Now, the reasons are more interesting: Because she thinks Romney will be better for the Rich. I am sure that the reason you are voting for him is that you mildly misread this endorsement, so hey. I guess it was good for Romney.

Now, if Chavez had said that he'd vote for Obama because he will destroy America's oil companies, or because he'd bring in a shining new era of communism in the Americas, then maybe it'd have some staying power. But as it is, all he says is that he thinks Obama is a good guy.

Do you think that presidential candidates should aim at being considered assholes by all the people that are not very fond of the US? Maybe a painters should have been distraught if Hitler liked their art? Maybe it's shocking that any foreign leader would prefer Obama over Romney?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
phosrik wrote:
LeeDambis wrote:
Yep, it's amazing that the MSM would all but ignore blowhard Chavez' comic-opera offer of support (which means absolutely nothing to anyone but Chavez) in favor of articles on the salient event of the campaign week. They really ought to get their priorities straight.



Like when this same news agency kept an article proclaiming that Jenna Jameson had given her support to Romney on its front page for no less than two days?

So basically we can count Hugo Chavez, Osama Bin Laden (pre-strike team I suppose), and the US Communist Party as Obama supporters.

We also know that Al-Qaida is a fan of MSNBC at least before they fired Olberman and hates Fox News.

How many US enemies does it take to support the liberal agenda before people get it? The fact is our enemies know something that half of our own population doesn't get or refuses to acknowledge. The Democratic plan will kill us from the inside out.
And I'm sure the American Nazi party and the KKK are all anti-Obama. Looking to the ultraradical fringe to decide what to do about relative moderates is just stupid and an excuse for not engaging in any actual critical thinking about your vote.

Romney has brown hair like Hitler! OMG everyone has to vote for Obama right now! Please.


Does anyone honestly take the KKK and Nazi party seriously? Al-Qaida, Chavez, and formerly Bin Laden are serious threats so your analogy does not work.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:
phosrik wrote:
LeeDambis wrote:
Yep, it's amazing that the MSM would all but ignore blowhard Chavez' comic-opera offer of support (which means absolutely nothing to anyone but Chavez) in favor of articles on the salient event of the campaign week. They really ought to get their priorities straight.



Like when this same news agency kept an article proclaiming that Jenna Jameson had given her support to Romney on its front page for no less than two days?

So basically we can count Hugo Chavez, Osama Bin Laden (pre-strike team I suppose), and the US Communist Party as Obama supporters.

We also know that Al-Qaida is a fan of MSNBC at least before they fired Olberman and hates Fox News.

How many US enemies does it take to support the liberal agenda before people get it? The fact is our enemies know something that half of our own population doesn't get or refuses to acknowledge. The Democratic plan will kill us from the inside out.
And I'm sure the American Nazi party and the KKK are all anti-Obama. Looking to the ultraradical fringe to decide what to do about relative moderates is just stupid and an excuse for not engaging in any actual critical thinking about your vote.

Romney has brown hair like Hitler! OMG everyone has to vote for Obama right now! Please.


Does anyone honestly take the KKK and Nazi party seriously? Al-Qaida, Chavez, and formerly Bin Laden are serious threats so your analogy does not work.


I'd like to compare how many Americans the KKK and Nazi party members have killed compared to Chavez.

On the other note:I think the Avatar entirely fits the posts you make, keep it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
Like when this same news agency kept an article proclaiming that Jenna Jameson had given her support to Romney on its front page for no less than two days?

Rich, this is a complaint you often level against yahoo news: that they don't feature certain articles on their front page that you think they should, or they don't give them enough time, or they give others too much time. Have you ever thought that perhaps a different news source would be better for your tastes?

Yahoo, like other news aggregators uses a computer algorithm to pick certain news items from other agencies, but it also produces some in house content. I believe that porn star article you mention was a yahoo created story. They give their own content more time than the aggregated content from other sources.

Perhaps you might like google news better, I believe they only use an algorithm, but you are able to weight the sources they pick from to suit your preferences.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
Al-Qaida, Chavez, and formerly Bin Laden are serious threats so your analogy does not work.

#2 man in al Qaeda is the most dangerous profession in the whole fucking world.

Chavez??? Do you think he is putting magic fairy dust in all the Citgo gas that America keeps happily guzzling down that will ruin our cars and turn us all communist?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There were no actual titties in view.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
Does anyone honestly take the KKK and Nazi party seriously? Al-Qaida, Chavez, and formerly Bin Laden are serious threats so your analogy does not work.


Please whatever you do, don't leave RSP.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
I always got the impression that the Bin Laden endorsement was more about fucking with us more than anything. When he was alive he would regularly offer some insincere color commentary about what was going on in the news.

His recipe for Chicken Jalfraizi was actually pretty damn good. I hoped he would give out some more, bastard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
phosrik wrote:
Like when this same news agency kept an article proclaiming that Jenna Jameson had given her support to Romney on its front page for no less than two days?

Rich, this is a complaint you often level against yahoo news: that they don't feature certain articles on their front page that you think they should, or they don't give them enough time, or they give others too much time. Have you ever thought that perhaps a different news source would be better for your tastes?

Yahoo, like other news aggregators uses a computer algorithm to pick certain news items from other agencies, but it also produces some in house content. I believe that porn star article you mention was a yahoo created story. They give their own content more time than the aggregated content from other sources.

Perhaps you might like google news better, I believe they only use an algorithm, but you are able to weight the sources they pick from to suit your preferences.


Well, computers were invented by a homosexual. So of course a computer algorithm is going to have a liberal bias.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
Even implied titties can bend time and space.


You refer, of course, to quantum titty theory.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let´s just hope that Chavez never gives a public statement on bacon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:


Does anyone honestly take the KKK and Nazi party seriously? Al-Qaida, Chavez, and formerly Bin Laden are serious threats so your analogy does not work.


I don't get the Chavez threat thing either. How much free heating oil has the KKK and Nazi party given to poor people in the United States?
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Public safety measure. They had to stop all the rampant crucifixions going on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
BagelManB wrote:
Well, computers were invented by a homosexual. So of course a computer algorithm is going to have a liberal bias.

I guess you're thinking of Alan Turing, but he didn't invent computers as such.


That depends entirely on how you define computers and what you consider to be the critical core component. By my standards, if we can declare any one man as the "inventor" of the computer it's Alan Turing. Inventions are of course more complicated than that and there are many other notable contributors who came both before and after Turing. A good other contender is Konrad Zuse but he was a god damn Nazi so history ignores him.

Of course, perfect historical accuracy is not of paramount importance for a joke, anyway.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
I have a more pressing question Rich: what on Earth compelled you to choose that as your avatar?


Quite a while back I did a Google image search for "uber nerd" and this was the best of the bunch. It's no longer there I see, but I do remember almost choosing this guy instead.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
gittes wrote:
I have a more pressing question Rich: what on Earth compelled you to choose that as your avatar?


Quite a while back I did a Google image search for "uber nerd" and this was the best of the bunch. It's no longer there I see, but I do remember almost choosing this guy instead.



But why? WHY?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.