Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Legend 1, when I start my turn on a space with a merchant can I use it?
Because according to the rules (at least those that have been introduced up to this point)
1) on your turn you can either move, fight or pass
2) you can activate a merchant after your movement is over

So if I apply those rules very strictly, it seems I cannot just stay where I am and use the merchant...

Any input is appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menzel
msg tools
designer
Dear Michael

Yes. You are right. It would have been better so say:
If your hero stands on the field of a merchant then you can use him and buy something.
So when you recieve the gold and you are already standing there, you are allowed to buy something, and then do your action, like moving for example.

kind regards
Micha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply, Michael!

But now I'm even more confused. On the larger blue tile that "describes" the function of the merchant space in Legend 1, it clearly states that your turn ends after you've bought a point of strength from the merchant ("Danach ist der nächste Held im Uhrzeigersinn am Zug").
How would you be able to still move after that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menzel
msg tools
designer
Dear Michael

Sorry, when I confused you. I'll try to explain it easier:

If you want to buy something at the merchant, you have to stand on this field.

Example 1: You have two gold and move your hero to the merchant. You have ended your movement there and you are able to buy something immediatly. You cannot move further in this turn.

Example 2: You allready stand on the field of a merchant at the beginning of your turn. By a Legendcard you recieve 2 Gold. Then you are able to buy something and then make your action, (maybe move your hero).

Example 3: You stand on the field of a merchant. Another hero picks up 2 Gold and sends it to you with his falcon. You are able to buy something immediatly allthough it's not your turn.

Buying is one of those free "Handlungsmöglichkeiten".
Have a look at the beginning of the Booklet. Those action doesn't take time, so they can be done anytime you like.

OK?

kind regards
Micha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Ok, I didn't even look into the booklet yet.
So far everything you said is clear and makes sense, but I'd say that the text describing the Merchant on the blue tile is misleading:
It describes what you said in Example 1 (if you end your movement then you can buy and then your turn is over), which technically isn't a rule but a very specific example but then makes it sound like it were a rule, i.e. "if you buy your turn is over".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Fredlund
Sweden
Veberöd
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one additional question, we were led to believe by the blue starting tiles that you could only buy 1 point of strength at a time but I guess you can buy as many as you have gold for, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baluba42 wrote:
Just one additional question, we were led to believe by the blue starting tiles that you could only buy 1 point of strength at a time but I guess you can buy as many as you have gold for, correct?

Michael wrote this in the thread 3 Questions: narrator movement, the timing to use wells etc. and the helm:
Michael Menzel wrote:
2. When you stand on a field with the merchant you can use it and buy things. But you cannot move to the field of the merchant, buy something and move further.

"Everytime" means, that you can do so while you are standing there alltough it's not your turn.

Example: You have 2 Gold and you have just ended your movement at the merchant. You buy something immediately (maybe a helmet). You are not allowed to move further. Now it's the turn of the next player. This next player finds some gold. He has a falcon and sends it immediately to you. Allthough it's not your turn you are able to buy something (maybe a shield). That is meant with "Everytime".

I wasn't sure when we played the scenario ourselves, but I guess from the above that the answer to your question is "yes".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.