4 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: b5ccg player experiences? and other questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaper Maker
Finland
flag msg tools
I just found this game, and got first interested because of a card mechanic similar to one I had thought of myself too (Plot cards). Reading more about the game got me really interested.

What I've read reminds me a lot of Babylon 5 ccg, and I've seen several comments about this similarity on the web too. What I haven't seen is a review or commentary by a b5ccg player. I played that game casually for years, and while I still like it, I can agree with my group that often the games get pretty stupid, they either last very long or one of the players dominates with some stupid endless vorlon/technomage combo, a player gets beaten down to a sickhouse faction or something else not-so-fun happens.

So, how does this game play compared to b5ccg, anyone here who's played them both? Can it be considered much more 'advanced', thinking of playability? If I decide to buy the game, I'm planning to use it more like a normal casual card game, buying just the core first and then perhaps some selected expansions.

Which brings me to my next question - as I'm on a budget and want to have casual games, seeing that the expansions (all?) have three copies of each card sounds like something I don't like that much; While I might think of one or two small expansions with 3 copies of each card, I like a lot of variety and would rather have a 60-card set of Kings of the Sea and 60-card set of Princes of the sun than one box with current distribution. Is there any way/place to buy cards this way?

And what single expansions other than those mentioned above would be good for this kind of casual play, considering I really want to keep the amount of cards low? (Perhaps pool of 100 cards /faction)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaper Maker
Finland
flag msg tools
Seems like you got a great package, something I would have liked too congrats on your find! I can try to look for the earlier editions too, thanks for the hint! Are the earlier editions otherwise similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.