Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trickster

Wording: "Exhaust this skill before an enemy figure makes an attack against you that only targets 1 space. That attack is redirected against another figure (friendly or enemy) of your choice. If the redirected attack is unable to hit its new target (due to range, etc.) then it automatically misses. (...)"

Can you really choose any figure of your choice? For example, figures out of the sight of the attacker or even heroes in town?

Can you redirect the attack on villagers?

Keen Sight

Wording "When making a Ranged or Magic attacks, you gain +1 range and +1 damage. In addition your attacks ignore the Shadowcloak ability."

It seems, that a hero with this skill, can do a melee attack with Reach over more than one space against an enemy with Shadowcloak, since the second part of the ability doesn't exclude melee?

Mage Cloak

Wording: "You gain +1 armor for each Rune you have equipped, up to a maximum of +3."

If a hero with this skill and equipped runes has Frost and is hit by five or more damage, must he roll, if his runes are destroyed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Trickster : redirecting is still directing, so that there must be a target ; figures out of sight aren't targets. However, you may choose a target so far away that the attack will miss. Of course, the best idea is to redirect it to another monster.

I don't know, however, whether you can choose a target which won't be hit because of Shadowcloak or Ghost ; it is unclear whether they would be non-targets or targets that are always missed. Can anyone help ?
This would also affect the ability to use the Staff of Knowledge (which needs a target to use the side effect).

Villagers are neither friendly nor enemy, whence I'd answer to the negative, but this needs a very strict reading of the rules.

Keen sight : with help of another litteral reading, the second sentence isn't affected by the settings of the first one, whence it is possible. Eagle Eye is another "split' skill ; but it is worded more clearly.

Magic Cloak : I'm not sure I understand your question. Items that may be destroyed are armor, shield and weapon. Only hte latter may be a rune. So, if the frost-affected hero uses a weapon-rune, it rolls as would any weapon.
What else would you expect the hero to roll for ?

Notice that the Ghost Armor isn't classified as Armor but as Other, whence it may not be destroyed by Frost, negating any possible paradox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Magic Cloak : I'm not sure I understand your question. Items that may be destroyed are armor, shield and weapon. Only hte latter may be a rune. So, if the frost-affected hero uses a weapon-rune, it rolls as would any weapon. What else would you expect the hero to roll for ?

As far as I know, if you are hit while frosted with a damage of 5+ before armor, you have to roll for every item, which grants armor points (not only for every item of the type armor), so for example for the ring of protection, too. Since these runes grant armor points in conjunction with the skill Magic Cloak, you could interprete it, this way, that the runes are also affected.

Ghost Armor is not affected, as long as it is not used, because it grants no armor points (not because it's not of type armor). If you would use th Ghost Armor to avoid more than 4 damage while frosted, you would have to roll for it, because, the second rule for frost is, to roll also for every item, with which you avoided damage.

At least this is the way, I interpreted the frost rules up to now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Trickster

Wording: "Exhaust this skill before an enemy figure makes an attack against you that only targets 1 space. That attack is redirected against another figure (friendly or enemy) of your choice. If the redirected attack is unable to hit its new target (due to range, etc.) then it automatically misses. (...)"

Can you really choose any figure of your choice? For example, figures out of the sight of the attacker or even heroes in town?

As covered, must be in sight of the attacker (unless using an AoE weapon etc). It must be a legal attack declaration still, even if it is impossible to actually succeed in the attack.

Quote:
Can you redirect the attack on villagers?

Yes, villagers are figures.

Quote:
Keen Sight

Wording "When making a Ranged or Magic attacks, you gain +1 range and +1 damage. In addition your attacks ignore the Shadowcloak ability."

It seems, that a hero with this skill, can do a melee attack with Reach over more than one space against an enemy with Shadowcloak, since the second part of the ability doesn't exclude melee?

Yes

Quote:
Mage Cloak

Wording: "You gain +1 armor for each Rune you have equipped, up to a maximum of +3."

If a hero with this skill and equipped runes has Frost and is hit by five or more damage, must he roll, if his runes are destroyed?

No. Giving a armour bonus does not make something Armour, having the keyword Armour on it does. The runes all have the keywords 'Weapon' or 'Other', not 'Armour'.
Besides which, it isn't the runes giving the armour bonus anyway, its the skill. You can't destroy a skill with Frost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Quote:
Magic Cloak : I'm not sure I understand your question. Items that may be destroyed are armor, shield and weapon. Only hte latter may be a rune. So, if the frost-affected hero uses a weapon-rune, it rolls as would any weapon. What else would you expect the hero to roll for ?

As far as I know, if you are hit while frosted with a damage of 5+ before armor, you have to roll for every item, which grants armor points (not only for every item of the type armor), so for example for the ring of protection, too. Since these runes grant armor points in conjunction with the skill Magic Cloak, you could interprete it, this way, that the runes are also affected.

Ghost Armor is not affected, as long as it is not used, because it grants no armor points (not because it's not of type armor). If you would use th Ghost Armor to avoid more than 4 damage while frosted, you would have to roll for it, because, the second rule for frost is, to roll also for every item, with which you avoided damage.

At least this is the way, I interpreted the frost rules up to now.

No, you roll for any equipped item with the keyword Armour (that is the only thing which is "the hero's armour"), only one of which can be equipped at any one time. Not anything that gives an armour bonus, most of which are not armour at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
@Corbon : about Trickster : here's the wording :

That attack is redirected against another figure (friendly or enemy) of your choice.

From this, can't we conclude that if the figure is neither friendky nor enemy, the attack may not be redirected to it ? In which case Villagers would be excluded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.