BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: BattleCON: Outcasts - Fan Expansion Looking for Playtesters!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome BattleCON fans! Myself and a few others have been working diligently over the last few months to put together a full sized fan expansion for BattleCON. We have a roster of new characters, new arenas and new game modes all in the works. Unfortunately, I won't release the final product until it has been well balanced and thoroughly tested. With only 4 of us that's taking forever!

We would like to open the doors for more testers to come on over, see what we have cooking and help us to fine tune and refine it so that it can be the best fan-expansion it can be!

If you are interested, drop me a geekmail and/or post in this thread. If you have any questions about the project I'll be happy to answer them here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you guys are putting together quite a cool production.

Please make sure to make it clear that it's not an official expansion in the rules and on the cover images (like the one above) to avoid any confusion with Devastation.

I look forward to playing it myself ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berjerber Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
count me in. been busy for a while but now i'm finally back to have some battlecon fun stuffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Troy
New York
flag msg tools
I would definitely be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Romero
United States
Whittier
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh boy, I love testing stuff. Sign me up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update the image as per Brad's request.

Also, as an additional teaser I have linked below the current version of one of our new characters, Tharusk Zahn the Ebony Efreet.

Tharusk is an evil spirit who was once contained within an Obsidian Cave in the Great Wastes (the largest desert in the world). A young girl, Masika (another character, her chibi is on the cover image above - the one with two swords) stumbled upon the cave and was tricked by the wily Efreet. Tharusk promised Masika that if she freed him of his chains he would grant her a single wish. Masika, young and pure of heart, believed the Efreet and freed him. True to his word, Tharusk granted her a wish - she wished to remain pure forever. Tharusk vanished in a puff of smoke.

He did grant her wish, as she grew older she - Masika - remained pure of heart. But another began to slowly grow within her, Layla was what she called herself. Layla became the embodiment of all of the corruption and impurity that one normally develops as one ages. Masika and Layla share the same body, and under stress Layla assumes control. The two are united in one respect, both tirelessly hunt the demon responsible for their division.

Tharusk is the great evil in the Outcasts world. He has spent many years weaving and contorting the will of others, although his end game is largely unknown.

Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65274999/Tharusk.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested as well. Amazing art by the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exciting news: Outcasts has started to roll out. We got impatient and just couldn't want to share what we have been up to. So, as characters and game modes pass testing we are releasing them to the public. Outcasts now has a BGG page and two characters are available - check it out! (And we are still more than happy to have people join the testing team, the more testing is done the faster everything else will come together)

Outcasts (fan expansion for BattleCON)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's about time. good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Christopherson
United States
flag msg tools
I'm short on people to play against right now, but if Brad doesn't mind I'd be happy to take a look at what you have and provide some design commentary. I created Sagas Seities for WoI, so I do have some practice bringing fan content in line with the original design vision.

Disclaimer: I do not speak for Brad or any of the other assistant designers in any way shape or form, nor am I an employee of Lv99 Games. I'm just a guy who enjoys game design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
t j
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, count me in. I may not be able to play much, but I just got this game and trust me when I say I will thrust it onto every friend that even thinks about walking through my door!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.