Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked this up a few days ago, and I've been going through the questions here to make sure I have things right. I still have one question that needs clearing up for me.

Under "Machine Gun Fire" on page 11 it states:

"On some Battle Maps, some Sectors have more than 1 MGF symbol. When this happens, all the MGF dice are added together and count as one result."

Ok, so if there is an extra symbol, you roll all 4 of the MGF dice?

If this is the case, then I'm confused by the Sword Beach map (N-06). Sector 9 shows the Defense at 12, but the MGF symbols increase to 2, then 3, if a unit remains in the Sector for extra turns. I'm not sure what the third MGF symbol signifies, if all the dice are already being added (per the underlined rule quote above.)

Any clarification would be appreciated. All I can figure is each MGF symbol means roll one MGF die, but the wording of the rule confused me.

This rule set was a bit challenging for me, but the game looks to be awesome. I'll be playing my first game later today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules could use some cleaning up.

You are correct that you roll one die for each symbol and add the rolled dice together.

Edit: Because my post can use come cleaning up too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colorado_Jeff wrote:
All I can figure is each MGF symbol means roll one MGF die,

Yep, thats all it means. (remember also that each player actually has only one MGF-die)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help! I was worried I'd have to roll 4 dice and that seemed excessive. The game already has enough ways to kill me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.