Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Spiel2012 [+] [View All]
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hall plans for 2012 are online. WOO! Much earlier than the years before!

Get them here:
http://www.internationalespieltage.de/e200.php4

... or wait until I've combined them into two handy images, as I've done the years before. That will happen within the next few hours

Watch this space!

Edit: And here they are! With booth names for the larger booths.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: These are combined images of the hall plans from merz-verlag.com. These images should not be considered as official in any way and should definitely not be used as reference for emergency situations (e.g. to locate emergency exits).

Edit: Left picture updated to include RGG at the BGG booth.
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hall Plans 2012 are ONLINE!
thumbsup

Thanks in advance for your efforts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Michaud
France
St Gratien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That will be useful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K_Salz Cotton
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, just saved me the effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here the PDF version of it:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18778135/essen.pdf

Thanks, Alain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
These are great! But there's no labels to indicate which halls they are... or am I missing something? Also, in the first picture there's a label indicating "To halls G, 4, 6" - does that apply to the arrows going towards the left, the top, or the right, or all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:
These are great! But there's no labels to indicate which halls they are... or am I missing something?

No, there are no hall labels, but every booth has a label like "10-36", which means it is in hall 10.
The left pic has halls 5, 10, 11, and 12.
The right pic has halls 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and Galleria (GA or G).
I'll add that to the pic captions.

Also, in the first picture there's a label indicating "To halls G, 4, 6" - does that apply to the arrows going towards the left, the top, or the right, or all?

Look at the black and white arrows. These show where this passage leads to. The green letters just mean that you should refer to the other map, where it says "To hall 5".

Anyway, once you're inside, you should be able to find your way easily
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
These are great! But there's no labels to indicate which halls they are... or am I missing something?

No, there are no hall labels, but every booth has a label like "10-36", which means it is in hall 10.
The left pic has halls 5, 10, 11, and 12.
The right pic has halls 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and Galleria (GA or G).
I'll add that to the pic captions.

Also, in the first picture there's a label indicating "To halls G, 4, 6" - does that apply to the arrows going towards the left, the top, or the right, or all?

Look at the black and white arrows. These show where this passage leads to. The green letters just mean that you should refer to the other map, where it says "To hall 5".

Anyway, once you're inside, you should be able to find your way easily
OK, thanks. I am an Essen n00b so I found it a little confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always like it (I have the worst sense of orientation in the world) to have this complete in one direction, so I combine the pics and print it on both ides of a sheet - overlapping a lot ...

Then I check and highlight the 43 booths I want to visit over the 4 1/2 days - and everything is fine.

Thanks a lot, Alain, for the work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ċ½eljko Kumer
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Life is like a photo, if you smile it turns out better!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:
I always like it (I have the worst sense of orientation in the world) to have this complete in one direction

the only thing i don't understand is why aren't those maps flipped?
namely, you enter the halls through hall 12 main entrance (most of us) and the Asmodee and Kosmos stands are right in your face and then you go right to the other halls.
it seems it would be much more comprehensive if the plans were the other way (180 degrees rotation)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kex_ wrote:
duchamp wrote:
I always like it (I have the worst sense of orientation in the world) to have this complete in one direction

the only thing i don't understand is why aren't those maps flipped?
namely, you enter the halls through hall 12 main entrance (most of us) and the Asmodee and Kosmos stands are right in your face and then you go right to the other halls.
it seems it would be much more comprehensive if the plans were the other way (180 degrees rotation)
Enter by walking backwards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kex_ wrote:

Well, the words in Alains map are the way they are. Booth numbers were already done by the organizer of the fair.

Whenever I walk around, I turn the sheet into the corret direction anyway, so it doesn't matter how you print it - just turn it round and round and round, until the booths around you match the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kara Gander
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if there was someone who could make a nice little android app which turned these pdfs into something so you could click on a booth and the name would pop up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doll_face wrote:
I was wondering if there was someone who could make a nice little android app which turned these pdfs into something so you could click on a booth and the name would pop up?

I can't create an Android app, but if someone wants to create one, I can supply a combined map without the booth names, if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Better yet: Google should integrate these directly into Google Maps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:

I know how to do overlays with Google, but not if those work with handhelds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yippee! Thanks for the maps. Now I'm even more exited about My First Essen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh! excellent...will come in very handy.

Many thanks!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff ROUSSEL
France
MONTPELLIER
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thanks !!laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
A skinned math nerd wrote:
Kempeth wrote:

I know how to do overlays with Google, but not if those work with handhelds.

Would be awesome if it would. Have not gotten it to work right yet and can't even get it to show up in desktop google maps, but I made this earlier today:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The official Messe Essen website also offers several types of overview maps as well (although they are of course not combined). Maybe this is useful for some of you who just want to mark down the "places to be".

http://www.messe-essen.de/en/messeessen/frjournalisten/downl...

Maps are 2-D or (isometric) 3-D view and printer-friendly jpg/eps files. This year's Spiel fair is going to be huge! I bet the BGG people alone would fill an entire hall...

See you there, Tobias
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.