Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I am thinking of doing is having a way for people to paste on different themes. One of these would be to have stickers representing Mediterranean ports and the goal of W.W.B is to take trade goods from one port to another.

Please feel free to express your thoughts on this, and ideas you have to literally paste on the start and finish cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As part of the worst game ever, you ought to also strive for worst art ever. Now that would be an accomplishment...Especially considering Finca's box art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatDebate wrote:
As part of the worst game ever, you ought to also strive for worst art ever. Now that would be an accomplishment...Especially considering Finca's box art.

Art is very subjective. I am likely to go with almost everything being boring black and white for the cards at least. Figure universally boring would be good for the first go around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B. Hansen
Denmark
Odense N
flag msg tools
badge
"duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck" Ralph Wiggum .....
mbmbmbmbmb
You need a point track. Maybe some cubes. Double sided cards, give it that modular feel. Movie tie in... "Les Miserables" comes to mind..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Architeuthis wrote:
You need a point track. Maybe some cubes. Double sided cards, give it that modular feel. Movie tie in... "Les Miserables" comes to mind..

I am going for a theme that is LITERALLY pasted on the cards here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claymore Reid
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever the theme, it should make reading the numbers on the cards more difficult, and don't forget to paste both sides to make sleeving more of a challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B. Hansen
Denmark
Odense N
flag msg tools
badge
"duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck" Ralph Wiggum .....
mbmbmbmbmb
docreason wrote:

How about Speedwalking/Racewalking for a theme ? I can not think of anything more "pasted on", whatever the context.

But the whole getting from point A to B in the most in-effective way possible, fits really well i think.

Also, the possibilities in regards to graphics are virtually endless. You could also consider ink stamping footprints on the cards etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Architeuthis wrote:
docreason wrote:

How about Speedwalking/Racewalking for a theme ? I can not think of anything more "pasted on", whatever the context.

But the whole getting from point A to B in the most in-effective way possible, fits really well i think.

Also, the possibilities in regards to graphics are virtually endless. You could also consider ink stamping footprints on the cards etc.

Will look to have the pasted on (literally) themes as customizable choices for players.

Hey, I raise enough money, I may look to paste the Dune license on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.