Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Almanza
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the question that came up:

If you march into an enemy territory with a march order, is that order removed, or is it only removed if the defender loses the territory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marching itself never affects enemy order.
Only winning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
March order is removed when there are no troops of that house in the area.
So a defender could win but lose their troops (e.g. to Mace Tyrell and/or to Tides of Battle card) - the order is removed. Alternatively, the defender could play Arianne Martell card and prevent winner occupying territory - defender's order is still removed as they have no troops left in area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horrid Beast wrote:
So you are saying that you can continue to march if you are walking through blank territories or you defeat an enemy?
Absolutely not. The attacker/mover's March order is on the territory the attacker starts in - the march order is removed after the battle is resolved, it doesn't move to the territory you end in (exception: special power of Ser Loras Tyrell).
So after moving to an empty area or winning a battle the troops that move into the new area have no order token in their area (unless Ser Loras was their battle commander).

I mis-read your intial post. I took the rules about the attacker's move order (above) for granted and thought you were talking about when you remove the order in the defender's area (which could be a march order).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reveil The Warlock
Russia
Gatchina
flag msg tools
We have territory 1->2->3 adjacent in this order.
In territory 1 we have march order and our unit.
In territory 2 we have march order and our unit.
Territory 3 has enemy units.

Can unit from T1 move to T2 and then using move order from T2 can both units move to T3?
A bit offtopic: Can we use raid(torch) on atack (move) order?
Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can chain move orders - I think the rules even have examples with this.
Bottom line, there is no memory. Unrouted units in a territory with a move order can move when you resolve that order.

Raid on attack order has no effect. Raids can:
a) cancel another raid
b) cancel a CP order, including CP* order (and gains a power token in the process)
c) Raid* can cancel a defence order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reveil The Warlock
Russia
Gatchina
flag msg tools
gamer42_au wrote:
Raid on attack order has no effect. Raids can:
a) cancel another raid
b) cancel a CP order, including CP* order (and gains a power token in the process)
c) Raid* can cancel a defence order.

Yeah, that's what I've read in the rules. Cancel crown, assist(gauntlet) and raid (torch).
It's just that I've played my first game on a board game fest and the guy who knew the rules told us that you can burn attack order. After playing a game like this I though that this is absurd and checked the rules before buying this game.
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.