Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I have watched many individuals creating and printing awesome play mats for this game, I find myself wondering if one could play on the Ascending Empires board. It has plenty of built in planets/asteroids and is obviously space themed. I just wonder if the obstacles are spaced far enough apart to allow for a fair degree of maneuverability. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Heiser
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the board is too small and the planets/asteroids are too large and close together. If I remember correctly, the board is 29" square when assembled. The planets/asteroids are 1.25" circles, and there are 12 of them, I believe. The pieces used as ships are probably one quarter the size of an X-wing. I will say that the background art in Ascending Empires is exactly what I thought of when seeing some of the mats that are being made for X-wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
In the US I think Banners on the Cheap as discussed in other threads works really well. Get a Hubble picture that is at least 4000x4000 or so and rock and roll. Of course keep in mind that higher res would be better...just saying that 4k x 4k looks pretty decent as 3x3 ft mat. Of course your idea of decent might vary....I just had trouble finding a picture that I liked that was any higher res.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.