Marc Wuthe
Germany
Pfungstadt-Eschollbrücken
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks!

For how long you can exactly stay in one sector?
The rule says no more than three turns and that you have to move the NEXT phase 4 when you can't switch your unit anymore.
So for example:
I roll the first time => I switch my die to two (first turn)
I roll the second time => I switch to three (second turn)
I roll the third time => I switch to red arrow (third turn)
So, do I have to leave NOW, in phase 4 of THIS third turn, OR the next turn?

And what about the black sectors ("Can't stay here"-sectors)?
Fo example:
I move into a black sector. The first time I roll I switch my unit to the black shield symbol. Do I have to leave NOW, in this turn, or in phase 4 of the NEXT turn?

I'm confused... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Pac76 wrote:
For how long you can exactly stay in one sector?
The rule says no more than three turns and that you have to move the NEXT phase 4 when you can't swith your unit anymore.
So for example:
I roll the first time => I switch my die to two (first turn)
I roll the second time => I swith to three (second turn)
I roll the third time => I swith to red arrow (third turn)
So, do I have to leave NOW, in phase 4 of THIS third turn, OR the next turn?

You MUST move on the same turn that you turn the red arrow face-up - so, you must move during Phase 4 of this same turn.

Pac76 wrote:
And what about the black sectors ("Can't stay here"-sectors)?
Fo example:
I move into a black sector. The first time I roll I swith my unit to the black shield symbol. Do I have to leave NOW, in this turn, or in phase 4 of the NEXT turn?

I'm confused... shake

You MUST move on the same turn that you turn the black shield face-up - again, you must move in Phase 4 of that same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be in Phase 4 of the turn that you turned to the Red Arrow. And in the case of the black shields, you move out in Phase 4 of the turn after you move into the sector.

So your first statement in each example is correct.

Edit: Knew I would be ninja'ed, yet I kept on typing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Wuthe
Germany
Pfungstadt-Eschollbrücken
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now THAT was fast! Thank guys!!! And keep on rolling stars and soldiers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You alter your die in Phase 2, Upkeep. You move in Phase 4. If you get to Phase 4 and your die is an arrow, you move.

Notice the wording by the red arrow on Page 6:

"use this face to indicate that your Unit must move this turn"

The same logic applies to the black shield, which is described as a "Can't stay here" Sector on the same page.

Whoa.... was I far behind on THAT one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let me think about this... when I move into a black shield sector, I set my die to 1 chevron, then on my next turn, Phase 2, I set it to the Black Chevron, and then must move out on Phase 4 of that turn, right?

It just seems likely, knowing me, that I might see 1 chevron on my next turn and forget I'm in a black sector and absent-mindedly change it to 2 chevs. I might be more inclined to "remember" to do the right thing if I set my die to black shield on the turn I move into the black sector... or is there some other subtle rule that might trip me up if I do that?

Also, do you guys play solo, and if so... do you just play with 1 unit or multiples? Wonder how it scales with just 1 unit in solo. I bought the game this weekend but haven't tried it yet... still trying to get the rules through my skull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tritone wrote:
So, let me think about this... when I move into a black shield sector, I set my die to 1 chevron, then on my next turn, Phase 2, I set it to the Black Chevron, and then must move out on Phase 4 of that turn, right?

It just seems likely, knowing me, that I might see 1 chevron on my next turn and forget I'm in a black sector and absent-mindedly change it to 2 chevs. I might be more inclined to "remember" to do the right thing if I set my die to black shield on the turn I move into the black sector... or is there some other subtle rule that might trip me up if I do that?

As far as I know, that is exactly what you should do (ie not turn it to 1 chevron, but to the black side)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.