Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hargraves
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about flamethrower weapons that have range > 1.

Do you calculate (roll) for damage on each affected space seperately? Or do you total all the affected figures on all spaces, roll once, and parce out damage between them all?

Situation: Squad of 5 and vehicle attacked by a range "2" flame weapon.

Way we resolved: Rolled 5 dice against the squad of 5 and resolved, then rolled 1 die against the vehicle and resolved.

Was that correct?

Here are the Rules from the manual, they don't specifically state what to do:

Incendiary Blast (X/+)
This combat value represents an incendiary explosion that ignites the target in flames. To apply this type of damage, roll “X” dice for each targeted miniature and inflict one point of damage for each result.

Flamethrowers:

Flamethrowers are devastating weapons that inflict massive amounts of damage on all types of armor classes. To represent engulfing flames, all flamethrower weapons ignore cover and cannot destroy anti-tank traps.

Flamethrower weapons that fire farther than one space inflict damage on all units in spaces between the attacking unit and the target unit – even if the spaces are occupied by friendly units. Flamethrowers do not continue beyond spaces that block line of sight.

When a unit fires a flamethrower weapon with a range greater than one, the controlling player chooses the spaces where the flames spread. The attacking unit must still be able to see each target following normal Line of Sight rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Revolta
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb

seems correct to me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just make seperate attacks against each individual unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hargraves
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Along this same vein...if the player gets to decide which squares flames spread with a flamethrower weapon with range >1 (and they do, according to the RAW), why not just bend the flames around your own squad if they are between your Hotdog and enemy target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you can't simply ignore a square that's between you and your target, you can only choose between two squares when the LOS crosses between them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
Because you can't simply ignore a square that's between you and your target, you can only choose between two squares when the LOS crosses between them.

Thanks for such a quick response. So, if I am attacking with Hotdog, and my enemy target (2 squares away) is not orthogonal from me, I can "bend" the flames around a friendly squad immediately adjacent to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you have two options of "range 1" squares that the attack LOS if crossing, you get to choose which path the fire takes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.