Subject: Historical era PR is representing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Varholak
Slovakia
Pezinok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, in mine recently created geeklist [POLL] Pecovarhy's Through the ages there was a question occured why I included PR to "Middle Ages" / "Medieval" list of games.

Mine own opinion is expressed there and I would like to learn what is the common position among geeks. Is America / Colonization history treated separately on what was happening in Europe? Or does "Modern Times" begin right after the Guttenberg's typoghraph inovation in 15th century or some other venue?

I used just mine secondary grammar school (long ago) history memories so that 16th century = deep medieval time period of humankind for me (which, by the way, could easily still continue if we could look at present time from perspective of person living in e.g. 25th century...) :-)

Thanks for your opinions and explanations. (And sorry for mine English expressions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Tretiak wrote:
You should create Renaissance/Discovery age section.
Totally agree. The Age of Discovery/Renaissance definitely marks the end of the Middle Ages. Ships traded around the world, brought goods and ideas from different places. The beginning of modern Warfare and Gunpowder were able to subdue cultures still in the Middle Ages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.