A quick question and my apologies if this is covered elsewhere ...
At the end of a turn I have a flight that is marked with a +.5 marker (excess speed). In the following Weather Drift sub-phase it gains another +.5 marker for having a 15mph tail wind. Per the example under section 7.52 the flight drifts one hex - two +0.5 markers = 1 hex drift.
I'm correct in thinking that the two +.5 markers are then discarded yes?
You don't retain the original +.5 marker that was used to mark excess speed for use in the following Movement phase?
For more information, here is the wind drift summary from my soon to be released Expanded Sequence of Play:
- 15 MPH tailwind: Add ‘+.5’. Flight with ‘+.5’ moves 1 hex forward on current heading.
- 15 MPH headwind: Add ‘-.5’. Flight with ‘+.5’ removes it.
- 15 MPH perpendicular: Do nothing.
- 30 MPH tailwind: On flight’s current heading, move it 1 hex forward
- 30 MPH headwind: Retaining current heading, move it 1 hex backward
- 30 MPH perpendicular: Retaining current heading, move 1 hex in Wind Direction
- 45 & 60MPH: combinations of the above
Defensive Wheel: 15 MPH - add ‘+.5’; 30 MPH – move 1 hex in Wind Direction etc [7.53].
Dogfights: move in Wind Direction only if Wind 30 MPH (1 hex) and 60 MPH (2 hexes) [7.53].
To make it very short:
If you have just one .5:
If you have two + .5 or two - .5 :
Move 1 hex and discard both
If you have one + .5 and one - .5 :
Discard both with no movement.
Good, thanks. And to be sure, Wind Drift +.5/-.5 apply to ALL Flight Types [10.3]?