Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Ingersoll
United States
Port Orange
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Play Hive Like a Champion' is now available in PDF format.

A new addition since the previous E-Book is a foreword written by John Yianni, designer of Hive!

To purchase, please visit Lulu direct here:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/rmingersoll

Prepared in 8.5" x 11" format the book is ready for download (at popular request and because I know a lot more than I did when the E-Book was released it DOES NOT have digital protection). This means that if you wish, you can print any or all of the book yourself.

If you have previously purchased the E-Book edition and would like to purchase the PDF at a reduced price, please contact me with your previous Lulu order number. You may email me at: rmingersoll@gmail.com

Thanks to Christian Sperling for his tireless (and very thorough) layout and editing help. It took much longer than I had hoped but I am sure that the finished project will be worth the wait.

PS - Watch for the announcement regarding a softcover version. It will be coming soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Ingersoll
United States
Port Orange
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try coupon code PLUMA to save 20%
This code is valid through 10/5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling

Brisbane
Australia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

What is new to the PDF version compared to the previous epub version?

- Foreword by John Yianni, designer of Hive

- The Flea (as part of chapter 10.2 Additional Bugs)

- complete revised version

- tidier and clearer layout/design

- ready for print

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the code Randythumbsup I've just downloaded the file and started reading. I'm impressed by the amount of editorial work you had to do together with Euc. I'm thinking about posting a review when finished.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling

Brisbane
Australia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Svartisen
I am sure Randy will appreciate a review from you.

Regarding the editorial work: If Randy were in the media business we could have done it within a few weeks or months but this isn`t the case. Having nearly no experience with Quark XPress and never taught the basic principles of design and layout we started literally at zero. The more his knowledge grew, the higher I raised my expectations and became stricter in my reviews. It was really a learning process for both of us and I am very happy that this online collaboration worked so well although we never met in person and are totally different characters, both not easy to handle. I won`t profit financially from this project but as a human, deepened my experience in proofreading and learned a lot new stuff. Now I can`t watch an ad without noticing even the smallest flaws. Seeing things so analytic makes it sometimes hard to enjoy them.

Anyway: I want to say Thank you, Randy, for writing this comprehensive book and showing a lot of trust to me by following my advices and corrections!
I hope it will pay off for you. For me it already did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Doty
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
A couple of weeks ago, I purchased "Play Hive Like a Champion" in the PDF format. I printed it out, and made a 3-ring binder of it. The book is easy to use with an excellent table of contents and useful game index, well laid out and easy to understand. All aspects of the game seem to be covered in some depth over 211 pages. Readers of this book should never be at a loss as to figure out a sound move in virtually any situation, as middle and endgame strategy and tactics are covered in depth. Basic openings are categorized and analyzed to a useful level, although this is an area which would benefit from supplementary analysis, probably deserving of a separate title and publication. Official expansion bugs Mosquito and Ladybug are included in depth, and some unofficial additional bugs are also discussed.

While reading the book, I joined BoardSpace.net and began playing the Dumbot and other human players. The book gave me such knowledge and confidence that I was soon beating the Dumbot at least 80% of the time, and also greatly enjoying my games with other BoardSpace members.

I had owned a Hive set for a few years and played only a few games before finding this book. Reading it has been a revelation, and greatly increased my understanding and enjoyment of the game.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Misheff
msg tools
Thank you Randall, Im considering getting this one

question: is "Play Hive Like a Champion, Second Edition" comprehensive of all other ebooks such as:

An Introduction to Hive, Elementary Tactics, Hive Advanced Tactics Part 1,2,3, Additional Bugs in the Hive, etc

are those chapters included in the second edition? thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Ingersoll
United States
Port Orange
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koreth wrote:
Thank you Randall, Im considering getting this one

question: is "Play Hive Like a Champion, Second Edition" comprehensive of all other ebooks such as:

An Introduction to Hive, Elementary Tactics, Hive Advanced Tactics Part 1,2,3, Additional Bugs in the Hive, etc

are those chapters included in the second edition? thank you.

YES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.