Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The paragraph, how the heroes can pick up quest items from sites with a dungeon sounds a little bit inconsistent to me:

"If the heroes want to pick up a Quest Item from a map location that
contains an unexplored dungeon, they have to explore the
entire dungeon – and remain in that location afterwards, rather
than returning to Tamalir – in order to pick it up.
"

Assume, the heroes are on such a site with an unexplored dungeon and a quest item on it. Now, they enter the dungeon, and flee from it in the first level. They emerge to the former site on the campaign board.

What keeps the heroes from taking the quest item with them in their next movement, because now, this quest item isn't on a site anymore with an unexplored dungeon. It's explored now, even after the flight of the heroes.

If I am right, what sense makes the wording "they have to explore the entire dungeon"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
The paragraph, how the heroes can pick up quest items from sites with a dungeon sounds a little bit inconsistent to me:

"If the heroes want to pick up a Quest Item from a map location that
contains an unexplored dungeon, they have to explore the
entire dungeon – and remain in that location afterwards, rather
than returning to Tamalir – in order to pick it up.
"

Assume, the heroes are on such a site with an unexplored dungeon and a quest item on it. Now, they enter the dungeon, and flee from it in the first level. They emerge to the former site on the campaign board.

What keeps the heroes from taking the quest item with them in their next movement, because now, this quest item isn't on a site anymore with an unexplored dungeon. It's explored now, even after the flight of the heroes.

If I am right, what sense makes the wording "they have to explore the entire dungeon"?

When you flee from a dungeon you are automatically returned to Tamalir. You only get to stay 'on site' if you complete the dungeon fully and go out the final portal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, so stupid by me. I had that already in my summary, but forgot that, when reading the questioned paragraph. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

But in my mentioned case, if the heroes would manage to return from Tamalir to the quest item, they could take it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Ahhh, so stupid by me. I had that already in my summary, but forgot that, when reading the questioned paragraph. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

But in my mentioned case, if the heroes would manage to return from Tamalir to the quest item, they could take it?

If the quest item is on a dungeon already marked as explored (which it would be in this case) then the heroes may pick up the quest item.

I have a vague memory that some or all quest items may change a dungeon's state to 'unexplored' when they are placed there (not applicable in the above case, since it was already there), but that might only be from SoB, or might be only a small subset of Quest Items.

RtL pg25
If the heroes want to pick up a Quest Item from a map location that contains an unexplored dungeon, they have to explore the entire dungeon – and remain in that location afterwards, rather than returning to Tamalir – in order to pick it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Quest items will indeed change the state of the dungeons to inexplored when placed there ; this is explicit on plot cards.

But of course this isn't the case of abandoned items. (which not only heroes can pick ...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.