Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Chipman
United States
Murray
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted this on a basically dead thread I dug up on Google, and decided to come here with the same question. Don't haze me.

Anyway, the rules for Curse read:

Any time a hero equips a cursed item, he receives one curse token.

I have just played that to where if a hero had a cursed item, they were just worth one more conquest token. However, I recently read something that got me thinking about it again.

After a second read (and admittedly, a closer read) I take it to mean that each turn, when I hero chooses to equip his gear, he takes a Curse token. With that, conceivably, a hero could be worth quite a few conquest within a short period of time.

Am I reading that correctly, or was I playing it correctly before...or am I just wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if the hero decides to unequip the item. Heroes don't unequip items unless they either unequip at the start of the turn, spend 2 MP to do so, or die. Then the hero can reequip whatever items they desire, and if they equip a cursed item, they gain another curse token.

Normally heroes don't unequip cursed items once equiped, until they find something better and want to ditch the equiped item. So, while yes if you equip a cursed item every turn you do gain a curse token, however you only have to equip it if you unequip it first.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Chipman
United States
Murray
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm reading too much into the statement in the vanilla book:

Next, a hero must choose which items he is using for the turn

I guess it doesn't mean that by choosing to use something you already have, you are actually not re-equpping it, but simply choosing to to unequip it.

Guess I'm reading into it too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording on pg 8 is a little misleading, since it only talks about equiping and doesn't really get into unequiping. Just let it be known that once you equip an item, it is considered equiped until you voluntarily unequip it or die.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Just take out 'voluntary'. You might be compelled to unequip it, e.g. by a Dark Relic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.