Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: One starter box, 4 players (2 concurrent games) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mister Falconburger
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Is it possible with one starter box to have enough cards to build 2 corp decks and 2 runner decks so four people can play at once. Not in one game but 2 separate games at the same time. I have four players usually involved in my games nights so it'd help if all four could play at once in this way.

I imagine it will be possible once a few expansion decks are added but until then is there enough in the first big box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really, due to the neutral cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not enough agendas to make the corp decks at all, and the runner will really miss enough economy cards. The neutrals are shared when building out of the box so that keeps it limited to one match at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The use of the neutral cards by both corps make this impossible.

1 Box is meant for 2 (and only 2) people to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For fun I decided to see if this could be done by splitting the neutrals between two decks, filling things out with some OoF cards, and using proxies for the 2nd set of neutral corp agendas.

...I quickly stopped trying because even if it's possible, the decks would be horrible to play with. You really need a 2nd set of neutral cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
For fun I decided to see if this could be done by splitting the neutrals between two decks, filling things out with some OoF cards, and using proxies for the 2nd set of neutral corp agendas.

...I quickly stopped trying because even if it's possible, the decks would be horrible to play with. You really need a 2nd set of neutral cards.

You just can't do it because of the neutral agendas. The deck would be illegal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a shocking revelation:
"You can't because of the neutral cards".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falconburger wrote:
Is it possible with one starter box to have enough cards to build 2 corp decks and 2 runner decks so four people can play at once. Not in one game but 2 separate games at the same time. I have four players usually involved in my games nights so it'd help if all four could play at once in this way.

I imagine it will be possible once a few expansion decks are added but until then is there enough in the first big box?

As it's been pointed out, there's no legal way to construct 2 corp decks out of the box.

However, if you agree to use some other agendas to proxy the neutral agendas, then you can certainly build 2 corp decks. They probably won't be ideal, but they'll be functional.

Just identify 2 sets of 3 agendas, and agree that one set will represent "Priority Requisition" and the other set will represent "Private Security Force."

Add the neutral agendas to two of the corp faction cards. Then split the remaining neutral cards (7 each) between the two corp decks. You should have 41 cards in each deck now. Then splash 4-8 cards from the other factions into each of the decks (using the deckbuilding rules; I recommend splashing any card that offers credit access, since you'll be thinning out some of your economic cards).

Use a similar process for the runner decks; split the neutral cards and splash from the unused deck until you hit 45 cards. Should be possible (though probably not ideal or optimal).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solid Oak Shelf
msg tools
mb
Yep, you sure can and it should be pretty easy.

Just ignore faction - assume that all cards belong to the faction you are playing, so that you don't need to pay influence to include out of faction cards.

Then build 4 decks. You should have 90ish cards spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That should be balanced. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.