All Time Championship Soccer» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Spain 2010 vs Brazil 1970 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panzer 9000
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've noticed that the forum is a little lite on session reports so I decided to share my first game.

Rule Set:
Advanced
No Optional Rules

The Stage was set. The current world champions versus arguably the greatest team ever. Spain vs Brazil (1970) at Old Trafford. The packed out crowd was ready to burst when the game began.

It wasn't long until Spain started the game of. Just into the 6th minute Xavi Alonso, after receiving a great cross from Iniestia, headed the ball and only a diving save from Felix could stop Spain from scoring.

15 Minutes later Jairzirho took aim but it was straight to Castillas. Castillas was in the action again after Rivelino nearly scored a free kick.

Rivelino took another shot in the 39th minute and Tostao, in added time, also had one on target but neither troubled Castillas. At half time Brazil was dominating but the scoreboard was still 0-0. Can Spain pull of an unlikely victory?

Half Time stats:
Halftime
Spain Brazil
Attempts 11 15
Shots on Target 1 4
Goals 0 0

When the players came out to begin the second half Brazil were fizzing. Five minutes into the second half Rivelino took a shot from five yards outside the box.
WHAT A RIPPER! A curling shot which flies into the top left corner. Even a full stretched Castillas can't save it. Brazil lead 1-0!!!

The Brazilian onslaught continued with Pele slotting away an easy tap in the 56th minute.

The last ten minutes were all Brazil. With Dario and Jairzirho having shots on target before Jairzirho scoring off a corner in the 89th minute. Pele looked to make it four in injury time but an outstretched glove from Castillas nudged it over the bar.

After starting off proceedings Spain only had one shot on target. It's not that Brazil have amazing defence it's just that their attack wasn't up to it. The Brazilians on the other hand had nearly 40 attempts! and have much better SOG numbers. Brazil win 3-0

Fulltime
Spain Brazil
Attempts 23 37
Shots on Target 1 12
Goals 0 3

Player Stats:
Player Country On Target Goals
Xabi Alonso Spain 1 0
Jairzirho Brazil 4 1
Rivelino Brazil 3 1
Tostao Brazil 1 0
Pele Brazil 3 1
Dario Brazil 1 0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joaquin Oliveira
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As a Brazilian and soccer fan I would love to see the 1970 Brazil National team against this Spain team with Xavi , Iniesta , Fabregas....great report!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Correia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent AAR. Thank you for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.