Ticket to Ride» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The Walk of Shame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Euro [+] Shame [+] Guilt [+] [View All]
Matthew McCalman
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was 7am and my mind was slowly coming on-line. Dorito chunks clogged my vision and a piece of chocolate had melted into my beard.
Slowly I rolled over and saw ‘it’ laying there—Oh last night I had wanted to know you, talk with you, dance with you, and in the end we ‘hooked up’....

But now in the cold light of morning I realized what I had done. I’d played Ticket to Ride...I felt sick..

I crawled out of bed and cursed my wingmen. These supposed friends had suggested we go ‘Euro’ for the evening. At first I wasn’t sure, Id heard of this Euro gaming thing and it seemed oddly creepy, but my ‘friends’ pushed me on and to my eternal shame I caved into peer pressure.

Before I knew it boxes were being opened…my interest perked up as I smelt that beautiful board game smell and heard that cheeky box ‘burp’. Then I was handed rules...oh God I do love rules.

I should of stopped then, these rules weren’t what I was use too. Where were the guns? Where was the killing? Where were handfuls of dice! O God why didn’t I fling those rules into the fire and flee...I knew it wasn’t right!

My friends encouraged me, they said this would be a great ‘hook-up’ and maybe even the start of something great.

Trembling with nerves and uncertainty I stuffed my mouth full of Doritos and sucked down a litre of cola. The wave of sugar and saturated fats had the desired effect; I started to enquire about her, asking about her likes, asked about her game designers, and soon I was thinking of her tactically..purr. Another handful of Doritos and another litre of cola had me thinking this wasn’t bad and soon I was taken in. It was as if id said “Hey Ticket, you’re pretty cool, Wanna party” and party we did.

A blurry evening of pizza, cola, Doritos, and gooey chocolate followed. The dizzling effects of inhaling junkfood made me think everything between us was going well, and for a moment I almost felt a spark as we played. We played all night....

Everyone else seemed to be having fun too but deep in me I felt a shame that even eating my own bodyweight in Ice Cream couldn’t suppress...I was playing a boring pointless euro-game about trains! In the end my junk food addled brain barely was registering the events around me, hell I can’t even tell you who won.

The next morning it was all so clear. The sugar high gone I could see you for all your awfulness...you were slow and boring...you have nothing I want...you weren’t fun...

I’m ashamed of what happened that night. As soon as I got home I snuggled into Fortress America and covered my bed with ASL supplements.
I’ve learnt my lesson.
Learn from my shame.

PS: I love my friends greatly and respect their right to enjoy whatever games they wanna play, and I’m sure many people are like them and love Ticket.
I just can’t stand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You ate your own body weight in ice cream and yet what you're ashamed of is playing one of the all-time great gateway games, Ticket to Ride? There's a lot of shame you haven't tapped yet. good luck with your therapy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, we can all read between the lines. You loved it. There's no need to be ashamed. It was gooood to you and there's lots more where that came from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Soooooooo, we're trying Ticket to Ride: Europe tomorrow, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McCalman
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Continued Shame
More varients of Ticket to Ride. What hath God wrought!

I'll never give into this She-devil again. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
What you need to do is start deliberately trying to cut people off from completing their routes. All the sudden, it will seem like Ameritrash! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.