Subject: Gamers in Milton Keynes? (or St Albans area?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juliette Culver
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
I'm moving to Milton Keynes in December, and I'm already panicking about how I'm going to get my board games fix. Does anyone know of any groups or gamers around there?

(I'll also be in the St. Albans area fairly regularly too).

Juliette

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Day
Wales
Llandrindod Wells
Powys
flag msg tools
mb
Starts tomorrow - 12/11/05

http://www.gaminguk.info/mk/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Juliette, there's a group of us just trying to get a group going in MK - our first meeting is tomorrow, 12th November, at The Point in Central MK.

At the moment there are about 15 or so of us, all ages, male and female. Between us we play everything from Fluxx through Carcassonne and other Euros to wargames.

We won't be meeting in December, but will start up again in the New Year from the 2nd Saturday.

Some of the same crowd also meet fortnightly on Tuesday evenings at a pub in Aylesbury (about 30 minutes drive from MK).

Get in touch if you'd like more info.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Peasemold
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
Peasemoldia
flag msg tools
mb
Richard,

good luck with this. I was planning to turn up today but won't be able too I'm afraid. I'll make an effort to join you in the new year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully see you in the New Year then. I see you are interested in block games - I have three (HotS, Crusader Rex, Sam Grant - but have only played HotS so far), and would like the opportunity to play them.

Today I'm hoping to play Santiago & Friedrich for my main courses

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pauld895 wrote:
Starts tomorrow - 12/11/05

Thanks for putting the link up Paul. Any chance I'll be meeting you today?

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Peasemold
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
Peasemoldia
flag msg tools
mb
I have just got hold of a copy of Napoleon at Marengo, so hopefully it will get some table-time around the Christmas holiday. If this plays as good as it looks I'm in for a treat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Siggins
England
Bexhill
SUSSEX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard, only saw this today so I am not there (shame, would have been ideal).

Any chance the session can be made longer? It is a long commute for 5 hours.

Hopefully will make the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie King
United Kingdom
Abbotts Ann
Hants
flag msg tools
I only spotted this today and I'm also interested. Will be in MK tomorrow - would have been today if I had spotted this in time.

Used to belong to the Aylesbury Wargames group about twelve years ago too....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo- I live in Gaddesden Row, about 10 minutes from St Albans and 40 minutes (I think) from Milton Keynes. However, I am a student in Durham, so I won't be home until Mid-December. I will look into this again then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice to see a little flurry of interest, and hopefully we'll see some of you at our next meeting on the 14th January. From then we hope to meet monthly on the second Saturday of each month.

We had eleven gamers turn up yesterday, so not a bad turn out for our inital event. I spent the afternoon gaming with Ben, Paul, James and Tony. As there were five of us the games I'd hoped to play had to be left on the table. instead we played Manila, Citadels, and Pirates Cove. I was on a bit of roll yesterday and came joint first in Manilla (not a game I'd played previously), first at Citadels, and then fourth at Pirates Cove. Not quite the games I was hoping to play, but I enjoyed all of them.

Manila is basically a gambling game involving lots of dice. Dice and I do not mix, but I was saved in this one by the cards dealt to me at the beginning of the game.

Citadels was OK, but seemed to take a bit too much time. It's also worrying that I'm not really sure how I won Have played this once before several years ago.

Pirates Cove was one of the games I took, not one I ever do well at due to the inclusion of dice but always fun.

The session could possibly be extended back into the morning, but this would cost more money. It's something we're considering, but no promises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm 14th January sounds suspiciously close to the start of the Durham term- 16th January. Still, I will see if I can be there.

Is there a list somewhere of the games you have available for playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have considerably more games than any one else who went yesterday, so probably the easiest thing is to look at my profile and see the games I own - just updated them, although I do have an order in the post from Germany

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, seems like you have a lot of games I don't have and want to play- excellent! Also you don't have many of the games that I own and love, which means I might bring one or two along...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juliette Culver
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
So many replies! Wow! I'll definitely do my best to make it to the January meeting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're looking forward to seeing you all in January then

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can now confirm that the next Milton Keynes games day will be on Saturday 14th January 2006!

We've been able to gain access to the venue (The Point in Central Milton Keynes) from 10.00am so can now get even more gaming in

For details please have a look at our website:

Or contact me here.

Looking forward to meeting even more gamers in the New Year,

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.