Popular Tags: [View All]
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules do not mention it, the assumption is probably that expansion will be played with experienced rules anyway. But of course the expansion can be played with family rules as well; in that case you have no vehicle to pick the ladders up. I offer 2 solutions:

- Play without ladders, so the only rule changes from the basic game are windows and stairs.

- Stack all ladder tokens on one engine parking lot of your choice. You can pick them up from either space of that parking lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
The rules do not mention it, the assumption is probably that expansion will be played with experienced rules anyway. But of course the expansion can be played with family rules as well; in that case you have no vehicle to pick the ladders up. I offer 2 solutions:

- Play without ladders, so the only rule changes from the basic game are windows and stairs.

- Stack all ladder tokens on one engine parking lot of your choice. You can pick them up from either space of that parking lot.

You could always simplify it even more and allow a ladder to be setup in any space outside the building without "picking one up" anywhere. Just go to the space you want to set one up in and set it up. Why bother with picking it up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
You could always simplify it even more and allow a ladder to be setup in any space outside the building without "picking one up" anywhere. Just go to the space you want to set one up in and set it up. Why bother with picking it up?

The rule I originally proposed was similar- order a ladder to be set up in any legal place for 4 AP, with the ladder becoming available at the end of your turn. In the interest of realism it was changed to the current form, which works quite well, in my opinion.
My post was just meant as a clarification for a situation not explicitly covered in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.