Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Decorating your game room rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm renting an annex for the sole purpose of game-play-consumption. I would like to decorate it with game-esque decor.

Does anyone have any ideas? What stores to peruse? What themes I should go with?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
halbower wrote:
I'm renting an annex for the sole purpose of game-play-consumption. I would like to decorate it with game-esque decor.

Does anyone have any ideas? What stores to peruse? What themes I should go with?



Buy old, beaten up, board games from 2nd-hand/thrift stores and mount the boards in frames.

You could even put the pieces in shadow boxes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
halbower wrote:
I'm renting an annex for the sole purpose of game-play-consumption. I would like to decorate it with game-esque decor.

Does anyone have any ideas? What stores to peruse? What themes I should go with?



Buy old, beaten up, board games from 2nd-hand/thrift stores and mount the boards in frames.

You could even put the pieces in shadow boxes.


Look for a copy of the board game book and mount some of the boards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:



Look for a copy of the board game book and mount some of the boards.


What is the board game book?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Webb
United States
Verona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
One more win...Beat the Sharks!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of decorating your game room is about creativity. Here are a couple links for some inspiration. Warning - Both are graphics intensive pages.

The Geeklist of Game Rooms!
Game storage and display - my setup

I've done like the other posters mention about mounting boards to the wall as art work. From a thrift store, they are only a buck or two.. Hang them on the wall, cut the boxes, frame cards, shadowbox extra pices, hot glue pieces to the boards. Just a few ideas.. Have fun with it. Below is some of my gameroom.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:


Buy old, beaten up, board games from 2nd-hand/thrift stores and mount the boards in frames.

You could even put the pieces in shadow boxes.


Some examples on my wall...



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any game cave should include this.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ea60/?srp=1

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.