Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, awesome game despite me being confused by the rules a bit.

Ok, suppose I'm the US player. If I play an asterisked card belonging to the soviets for the OP points, does it get removed from the game after I use it, or does that only happen if the soviet player plays it for the event?

With the space race, you only consider the OPs required to roll the die, you don't use the text of the card, right?

can someone explain when you have the china card face up versus down?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Ok, suppose I'm the US player. If I play an asterisked card belonging to the soviets for the OP points, does it get removed from the game after I use it, or does that only happen if the soviet player plays it for the event?

Removed.

Quote:
With the space race, you only consider the OPs required to roll the die, you don't use the text of the card, right?

Right. That is exactly the point of the Space race. Remove opponent events from your hand

Quote:

Face down after using it and before passing it to your opponent at the end of the turn (exception: When you use Nixon?!!??!)
Face Up on any other occasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:

When you play an opponent's event for OPS, the event occurs. In this case, as the US player, you would choose whether the event occurs first or the OPS are spent first, but both would happen, and the card would be removed from the game. (Exception: UN Intervention.)

Quote:

Essentially correct. You *discard* cards played to the Space Race.

Quote:

Face up: it can be played. Face down: it cannot. At the beginning of each turn, if the China Card is face down, it is flipped face up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:
First, awesome game despite me being confused by the rules a bit.

It is removed only if the event actually occurs. Sometimes certain requirements are not yet in play so an event may not be able to occur at that moment in which case it is simply discarded and not removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:

Regardless of who played it, asterisk cards are removed from play once their event have been triggered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.