Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Tziouvaras
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I skimmed through the scenarios and I noticed that there's not a single scenario where the Redeemer can use Aura of Sacrifice. So I guess we can only use it in custom scenarios? Is there a translation error somewhere?

Also, I have three questions regarding its quirky nature:

Aura of Sacrifice + friendly fire
~ Can the Redeemer use the Aura of Sacrifice to inflict damage on his own warriors? Barely useful I know, but triggering Belt of Explosives this way can be epic. Probably not.

Aura of Sacrifice + Critical Hit (part 1)
~ If the Redeemer uses the Aura of Sacrifice and receives a hit after rolling the die, can the demon player use Critical Hit to cancel a Line of Action of his choice? Probably yes.

Aura of Sacrifice + Critical Hit (part 2)
~ Considering the above is possible. If the Demon player cancels out "6", does the Redeemer start the Action phase exhausted? Probably not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also the way of playing when the players bid for playing Humans using some sort of game points which are then used by the "winner" to "buy" any warriors, equipment and gifts which will participate in this scenario (see the core rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya - Sotho Blue
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tziouv wrote:
Aura of Sacrifice + friendly fire
~ Can the Redeemer use the Aura of Sacrifice to inflict damage on his own warriors? Barely useful I know, but triggering Belt of Explosives this way can be epic. Probably not.

I don't like the idea much. Doing this, the Redeemer would kill one of his own warriors and take at least 3, possibly 4 wounds himself. It's hard to imagine a situation coming up where this would pay off, but I don't see a rule that prevents it.

Tziouv wrote:
Aura of Sacrifice + Critical Hit (part 1)
~ If the Redeemer uses the Aura of Sacrifice and receives a hit after rolling the die, can the demon player use Critical Hit to cancel a Line of Action of his choice? Probably yes.

I don't like this much either, because the Demon player wasn't involved in causing the wound, but again I don't see a rule against it. Critical Hit isn't restricted to hits caused by combat.

Tziouv wrote:
Aura of Sacrifice + Critical Hit (part 2)
~ Considering the above is possible. If the Demon player cancels out "6", does the Redeemer start the Action phase exhausted? Probably not.

You determine whether a warrior is exhausted when placing the action dice. If the Redeemer had been exhausted he couldn't have used his Aura. Subsequent wounds taken during the turn don't exhaust a warrior until the following turn (although they may kill him). See here: Getting exhausted after the activation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.