Subject: Picking up customers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
I am confused by this game, especially at the moment picking up customers. Can they only be picked up from earth? The rules say you can "pick up or drop off" and "before or after your action". Is that either/or or it is possible to pick up and drop off in the same action? Does your ship need to go back to earth to pick up a customer or do they magically appear on the ship when you're deep in outer space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wombat Sanders
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mb
You have to go back to Earth to get more Customers. That's where Customers come from. You can pick up and drop off before or after any movement or action, so you can start on Earth, pick people up, move, and then drop people off on a Colony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad L
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombatsanders wrote:
You have to go back to Earth to get more Customers. That's where Customers come from. You can pick up and drop off before or after any movement or action, so you can start on Earth, pick people up, move, and then drop people off on a Colony.

I understood all this, but made me think based on the way you wrote it...is it possible to pick up colonists already on one colony to move them/colonize a new planet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wombat Sanders
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Yes, you can always remove Customers from a Colony which you control, even down to zero. This allows you to "bucket brigade" Customers out from Earth, or leave a Colony "undefended" in order to claim a more valuable planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.