Popular Tags: [View All]
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Challenge continues!

We need to find the best possible game for the Shibumi set which will be honoured with the name 'Shibumi'.

Can you find this game before the end of this year, or will the machine find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We need more games before end year to be included in the official Shibumi Android app!

Please upload your game to BGG and add a link to it here.

Hurry up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Browne
Netherlands
Maastricht
Limburg
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my Digital Ludeme Project: http://www.ludeme.eu
badge
Researcher in AI and automated game design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kent,

Looks interesting. A couple of questions:

1. The Shibumi set only has 16 balls of each colour. Is it possible that players might need to play more than 16 balls of a particular colour? If so, how is this handled?

2. "All white and black groups on the board that have no freedom, and which are not pinned, are removed from the board." I assume this means that as soon as a ball is placed, then freedom calculations are performed for both colours, and all groups that fail this test are removed. Correct? i.e. removing groups of one colour doesn't create freedom for groups of the other colour on that turn.

3. Do games become cold, i.e. since both players share the same colours, are they afraid to set up scoring opportunities for fear of the opponent taking them?

I love the scoring system. It's simple but rewards balance over all colours rather than any single colour. Very nice!

Regards,
Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.