Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
the objective for the OL is too move the shadow key off the board. but how does he ever get it seeing that the heros pick up the shadow key right away on the first turn in order to open the locked doors. why would the heros ever let it go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
cliffote2 wrote:
the objective for the OL is too move the shadow key off the board. but how does he ever get it seeing that the heros pick up the shadow key right away on the first turn in order to open the locked doors. why would the heros ever let it go!

The heroes aren't allowed to pick it up. The quest only allows Zachareth and master monsters to pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
i dont read it like that at all. it says the locked doors may only be opened by a figure hold ing the shadow key. tell me where it says in the set up heros cant pick it up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
cliffote2 wrote:
i dont read it like that at all. it says the locked doors may only be opened by a figure hold ing the shadow key. tell me where it says in the set up heros cant pick it up

On page 15 of the rulebook it says "Certain quests allow heroes or monsters to pick up objective tokens." So the default rule is that objective tokens cannot be picked up or carried; it must be allowed by the quest.

The quest guide says, "As an action, a minion monster or Baron Zachareth may pick up the Shadow Key while adjacent to it." So minion monsters and Zachareth are allowed to pick it up. It doesn't say anywhere that heroes are allowed to pick it up, so they are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
cliffote2 wrote:

On page 15 of the rulebook it says "Certain quests allow heroes or monsters to pick up objective tokens." So the default rule is that objective tokens cannot be picked up or carried; it must be allowed by the quest.

The quest guide says, "As an action, a minion monster or Baron Zachareth may pick up the Shadow Key while adjacent to it." So minion monsters and Zachareth are allowed to pick it up. It doesn't say anywhere that heroes are allowed to pick it up, so they are not.

This is correct. For comparison, look at Encounter 1 of Fat Goblin, where it specifies that both heroes and monsters can pick up the crops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
ok got it tyvm guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tiduz 99
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmmm...looks like we played this totally wrong. We played on Sunday and one of the heroes in our party picked up the key straight away.

Just for clarification..

1. The Overlord character carrying the key can open the two locked doors from the beginning?
2. The Heroes can only pass through the two doors when the three portals have been closed?
3. If the Overlord player opens the first door does it automatically close behind him or can the heroes move through freely on their turn?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The quest's special rules section answers 1) and 3):

'The locked doors may only be opened by a figure carrying the Shadow Key. Once opened remove them from the map: they may never be closed again.'

2) When all three portals are closed, the heroes win.

Time for a rematch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.