Popular Tags: [View All]
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am intrigued whether others are interested in a singles market for A:NR, and how much people are willing to pay. Personally, I am not interested in buying another Core Set but would gladly pay for some singles which I am missing (such as Desperado or Corporate Troubleshooter).

Poll
Would you be interested in purchasing single cards?
Yes
No
      163 answers
Poll created by IirionClaus

Poll
Assuming you answered yes to the previous question; how much would you be willing to pay for a popular "rare" card? (Such as Aesop's Pawnshop or Corporate Troubleshooter)
Less than $1
$1
$2
$3
$4
$5
More than $5
      117 answers

Poll
Assuming you answered "yes" to the first question; how much would you be willing to pay for an "Uncommon" card? (Such as Rabbit Hole)
Less than $1
$1
$2
$3
More than $3
      116 answers

The following is not a "single" per se, but a group of common cards. The idea is that purchasing a set of Neutral commons would let you build more decks with one Core set.

Poll
Assuming you answered "yes" to the first question; how much would you be willing to pay for a set of Neutral commons?
Less than $1
$1
$2
$3
$4
$5
More than $5
      114 answers

Edit: This is my first time posting polls on BGG.com, apologies for splitting the question to multiple polls ... notice you need to click "Vote" in each of them separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like some people are disregarding the "Assuming you answered 'yes' to the first question" part...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thought about this too. It wouldn't surprise me if you could drum up enough interest to justify buying a set and selling it piecemeal. I think shipping's gonna be the killer, though, unless you can do it locally.

I don't think you could do it on the merits of singles alone, but the set of neutrals really makes it possible. You could probably get $10 for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
I think shipping's gonna be the killer, though, unless you can do it locally.

$2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
I've thought about this too. It wouldn't surprise me if you could drum up enough interest to justify buying a set and selling it piecemeal. I think shipping's gonna be the killer, though, unless you can do it locally.

As long as it's in the US, you should be able to ship cards in a standard envelope (45 cents).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related note...

Poll
Disregarding how many copies you've bought so far (i.e. think back to when you only had 1), would you rather participate in a 1-Core or open tournament format?

(1 of each Data Pack each for both formats, since you get 3 copies of each card)
1 core set only
Up to 3 core sets
      86 answers
Poll created by selwyth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
The problem that arises with this (and has for almost all the LCGs) is that it's the same cards that everyone wants multiples of. So you buy the core to repack and sell as singles, but then you end up with a ton of extra cards that no one wants, and not enough money from the ones you do sell to make up the cost. And then when you raise prices to recoup costs from the core set, you usually hit the point where people would rather just pony up the extra for the additional core set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Paulik
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I would be interested in buying singles, but I can't imagine anyone will be interested in selling them. The LCG format is great and I prefer it to CCGs by far but secondary market is not a feature of LCGs really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Grand Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
On a related note...

Are the people voting yes here really going to buy some/many/all of the data packs as they are released? Buying 1 Core then a bunch of Data Packs is no problem, but buying an extra core set or 2 is what pushes them over the edge? Really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
The problem that arises with this (and has for almost all the LCGs) is that it's the same cards that everyone wants multiples of. So you buy the core to repack and sell as singles, but then you end up with a ton of extra cards that no one wants, and not enough money from the ones you do sell to make up the cost. And then when you raise prices to recoup costs from the core set, you usually hit the point where people would rather just pony up the extra for the additional core set.

Well said. Ideally, I would find someone who wants other rares than me and split a Core Set with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FinalPhalanx wrote:
Are the people voting yes here really going to buy some/many/all of the data packs as they are released? Buying 1 Core then a bunch of Data Packs is no problem, but buying an extra core set or 2 is what pushes them over the edge? Really?

Yes, I'm cheap like that robot. Core sets are more expensive, and give you a bunch of duplicate tokens and cards, instead of having everything be 'all new'. Why not let the tournaments bend to the needs of the people if that turns out to be the preference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LC
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Well, that's, like, your opinion, man
mbmbmb
There's a place for out of box, single set tournaments and a place for constructed from whatever source tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawcomic wrote:
There's a place for out of box, single set tournaments and a place for constructed from whatever source tournaments.

May be, but I would suggest their isn't a player base big enough to support that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Angel
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I only have one core set and no plans of purchasing another ever and I still would not mind playing in a tournament even against people with three core sets worth of cards. Yes I place a degree of confidence in my decision-making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.