Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question, which I think I'm playing right....

If a character "starts with X", where X is one of the standard starting bits of kit, does that mean you get the standard kit PLUS X, or that you get the standard kit of which X automatically goes to that character?

Phil starts with the Pistol. Does he get a pistol from the deck AND some other survivor will get the starting pistol? I guessing this is the way it works since other characters can "start with" equipment NOT in the default start cards and get to draw it from the deck....but I can see that there is an argument for doing it the other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
Just a quick question, which I think I'm playing right....

If a character "starts with X", where X is one of the standard starting bits of kit, does that mean you get the standard kit PLUS X, or that you get the standard kit of which X automatically goes to that character?

Phil starts with the Pistol. Does he get a pistol from the deck AND some other survivor will get the starting pistol? I guessing this is the way it works since other characters can "start with" equipment NOT in the default start cards and get to draw it from the deck....but I can see that there is an argument for doing it the other way.

+X.

You deal out a crowbar, pistol and fire axe, plus 1 to 3 pans (depending on number of survivors), then give "starts with" equipment as well. Thus, Phil could start with dual pistols if he happens to get the other pistol... or could trade for the second pistol, even if it wasn't dealt to him.

And you generally hope that El Cholo gets dealt a pan (in addition to his dual machetes); otherwise he'll generally want to trade away better equipment to those who will use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that - its what I thought should happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.