Subject: 2p end game condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
So one of the ways the game ends is if all the buildings are built, but as there are 3 buildings in every stack, and players can only build one of any building, none of the stacks will ever empty in a 2p game, and therefore the game can't end this way? Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
I don't have the game in front of me but I am pretty sure you only use 2 copies of each with two players. the place cards have illustrations on them showing how many cards depending on number of players.

I have played 6 games now and never come close to building everything. We have either run out of buy cards or resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John's right.You have to use 2 copies of each company card when playing with 2 players.

Just check the randomizer card to see how many copies are being played for each number of players for 3 people,as for 2 people there are always 2 of each as stated before and for 4 players there are all cards of each company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
wow you're right! i have no idea how i missed that in the rules! blush

thanks!

though, it certainly seems in a 2p game it's very unlikely that all the buldings will get built. i assume the most common ending is going to generally be running out of resources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
wow you're right! i have no idea how i missed that in the rules! blush

thanks!

though, it certainly seems in a 2p game it's very unlikely that all the buldings will get built. i assume the most common ending is going to generally be running out of resources?

Well the common end game condition is either running out of resources or running out of buy cards.

Running out of company cards is uncommon (due to the limitation of 1 company acquired each turn and the fact that if you don't activate a company you don't get the vp),but it can occur under specific circumstances (certain company cards dealt,players playing in specific ways etc).In 2p games it's even more unlikely,you are right.

That's not a flaw though,it's realistic.Μoreover,if at the end both sides could have all companies it could limit the strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.